The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New-er! Poll Within]

Official ModRetro Minecraft events?

• No, shut your lady mouth

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yeah, I would *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing love that

Votes: 38 95.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server

For those that hadn't noticed, the server was overhauled with new mods and what not yesterday. Not quite ready for prime time, as a few changes still need to be made (especially /home, which needs to be fixed so it can be used unlimited).

Unfortunately, Notch updated Minecraft to Beta 1.4 today, which means the server software is now outdated and doesn't let you connect, and Thursty won't be home for about 3-4 days, so he can't fix it. I'll let you guys know if there's a way to stay on 1.3 without having to turn off Online-mode in the server settings, but for now, unless someone wants to make a temporary server for us to mess around with 1.4, we won't be able to play.

I have a space PC I could possibly see about setting up a server on, but I couldn't promise little lag.

Bukkit is now 1.4 compatible. At least, the recommended build is.

If anyone wants to mess around, I put a server up at hurlawhirl.no-ip.org

Thursty pulled the plug on the server, so the server is down until we can find another host. Can anyone host on a long-term scale?

J.D said:
Thursty pulled the plug on the server, so the server is down until we can find another host. Can anyone host on a long-term scale?
darn...

I'll be able to host before too terribly long.
Just gotta clean up a bit and get my server box back in the closet where she belongs.
From there, smooth sailing.

Wow, that was faster than expected. Thanks for being so quick to respond Jelly. :awesomejlee:

I was considering looking into dedicated hosting, but now I won't have to. :p

FFFFFFFFFUUUU

Anyway, DAMNIT, THURSTY, GIVE ME THE OLD MAP FILES! GRRR

Also, Zero, can you still look into the dedicated hosting thing? If you can find something good, and for a good enough price that we don't unload the stuff on Jlee, I will probably donate a bit to the cause.

I can do that. I think the prices vary depending on how many people you want to be connected at once.

I'm thinking we could get away with a max of 10, if it actually makes a difference.

Oooooh, Mumble server. That'd give me an excuse to use Mumble. Plus we could set up voice chat channels so the text channels won't get flooded.
I am for this idea, and I will donate money to it once I get money to donate.

If you do this you should pick a nice centralized location, like Dallas ;)

I'll put forth a one time donation of $10 if we go this route. It would cover 5 months of me playing, and I don't see myself playing for that much longer, so it seems fair enough.

NOTE: only for if we go this route, I'm not sending money to an individual that's hosting it, as I know $10 isn't going to help unless 30 people send it.

will we be going back to the old create server? or are we going to keep doing survival?

i actually liked the survival server much more.

Survival >> Creative

You can still be creative with monsters getting to ya.

I like both modes. Creative is fun because you can build crazy stuff with relative ease, survival is fun because you have to make do with what you can get and try to fight off the monsters.

I like how everyone hated the idea of starting a new map when I was hosting the server, and now that Thursty just did it, everyone loves it...

I wasn't a fan at first, but then I enjoyed it after I got adjusted again.

ttsgeb said:
I like how everyone hated the idea of starting a new map when I was hosting the server, and now that Thursty just did it, everyone loves it...

you never asked me bud! survivals the best.

anybody else suddenly have hours of free time since the server went down?

Back