The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New-er! Poll Within]

Official ModRetro Minecraft events?

• No, shut your lady mouth

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yeah, I would *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing love that

Votes: 38 95.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server

I am going to be at camp for a week, starting on Sunday. I will come back on July 31st to check on the server, and then August 1st - August 7th I will be in Arizona. Zero will be the sole admin of the server, and since he's sorta busy, don't make his job hard :p I got Permissions set up last night, but iConomy didn't work, so I removed that. I'll see if Zero may be able to look into it while I'm gone. I also installed ChopTree yesterday, which allows you to cut the base of a tree to take down the entire tree. It does damage your axe way more, but it's well worth the compromise. Also, disregard the 6 people player cap, it's 12 now.

Oh, and Noah7, I saw that you weren't able to use /back. I thought I had it in Permissions, sorry, just added it.

I'm going to spend the next couple hours figuring stuff out. Server's out, but if you have any knowledge on server stuff, add me on Steam (swordfyre)

Meh, I'll give this a go sometime after camp. Uninstalled Permissions, server shouldn't experience any more downtime anytime soon.

I made a pretty cool thing, I will build one on the server whet I get enough materials.
ZCtFX.png

aTURk.png

It's almost entirely ripped off of bcFonser on Youtube, who is awesome. I moved some wires around and added a T-flip flop to make the pressure plates work well.

Here's the map.

Texture pack is Dokucraft Light, before anyone asks.

βeta said:
SERVER DOWN ALREADY

THAT WAS FAST.
lawl, what are you talking about? The server is up as of right now, 10:01 AM PST.

It wasn't earlier today. What do you think about having the entrance to the bank be in the bank lots, having it go underground, and having a massive piston door and awesome bank under all 4 central government lots?

βeta said:
It wasn't earlier today. What do you think about having the entrance to the bank be in the bank lots, having it go underground, and having a massive piston door and awesome bank under all 4 central government lots?
That's actually a fantastic idea. While I'm gone, feel free to start on that.

I need people to help dig. I will lend diamond shovels.

The bank entrance is done, redstone-wise. I delated all my repeaters a bunch more to make the pistons more stable, SMP doesn't play well with sticky pistons. Along that vein, my original sticky piston T-flip flop wasn't working at all in SMP, and the redstone one I made to replace it was finicky and slow. I designed a new one that is currently in place, seems to work well.

I started fleshing out the entrance, but I want people to help with the aesthetics of the build. Start working on it, just don't touch the redstone.

Just booted up the server, server should be up. Hopefully all is well.

Edit: Holy flax, the bank is godDang amazing. I am reseting the OPs to be solely Zero, Beta and I for now, however when I get permissions set up I will set up Moderator and Privileged user groups. The only thing I'm gonna remove is the sign-fence near the bank, but other then that, seems pretty good.

J.D said:
Just booted up the server, server should be up. Hopefully all is well.

Edit: Holy flux, the bank is Dang amazing. I am reseting the OPs to be solely Zero, Beta and I for now, however when I get permissions set up I will set up Moderator and Privileged user groups. The only thing I'm gonna remove is the sign-fence near the bank, but other then that, seems pretty good.

:dah: I have no idea if anyone else knows how to do the floating signs.

Could someone please remove *Can'tSayThisOnTV* modretro in front of the city by the spawn point made out of netherack and on fire or at least move it farther away from the city. It is just mean to this community.

Just change the second word. There's a 99% chance whoever made it came from one place in particular.

Yeah, I saw that. Left it there so JD could see it when he came back though. He's the only one who can look through the logs and find out who did it for sure.

Considering adding a whitelist :p

Back