The Official Christmas Gift Thread!

bassmasta said:
XCVG said:
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG. Core i5-430M, Radeon HD 5470, 4GB DDR3, Win7 Home Premium. Currently in the process of auto-installing a bunch of flax I don't want. Gonna be uninstalling, installing, and generally screwing with it until it's up and running.
Why not the 5650 version? Just curious.

This one you can buy at Staples. The 5650 version you can't get anywhere in Canada.

I got:

A cheapie electric shaver, it seems to work well.
An emergency waterproof shaver that runs off of AAAs, but sadly I have no batts to test it out
Some old people's Stetson cologne
One of those change jars that keeps track of the money you put on a little display

I'm surprised at you folks that got TVs and laptops. Well, more envious actually. I'm still happy with what I gots, though. All useful stuff.

EDIT:
budnespid said:
And beef jerky
Aww, crap, now I'm really envious! AHHHHH

Thinkpad x100e. 1.6 ghz Turion Neo X2 L625 1MB L2 cache, Radeon HD 3200. Ordered it on sale, got here on the 20th. :awesome: (Put my remaining Xmas money toward it; I'm paying the rest.) I've got to order some extra RAM for it though; 1 gig on Windows 7 Home Premium just doesn't cut it even with all the shiny turned off. (1 gig of ReadyBoost helps though.)

Also some rewriteable DVDs, an 8 gig MicroSDHC card, and some clothes.

For my Birthmas present from my parents I got a new laptop. Core i3, 4 GB DDR3, no special dedicated graphics to my knowledge, 500 GB HDD.

Annnnnd, I got 50 bucks (I am assuming) to Best Buy, and 95 bucks. EDIT: OYA AND 50 TO SEARS. Forgot my brother gave me something ::3:

Have one more Christmas celebration to do with the other side of my family but I think I will just be getting a backpack, because we do a drawing and yeh, someone drew me, I needed a backpack so I asked. Limit is 50 bucks.

Well, here's what I got.

Christmas Eve, I got a set of glass cups with Beatles album covers on them from my aunt and uncle and I got $10 from my grandpa. My sister gave me a shirt with this picture on it (I got one last year but when it got washed all the screen-printing came off with it) and a set of Nook Color anti-glare screen protectors.

What I got today:

• A Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ouroborus necklace and an FMA 2011 calendar
  • A Hard Day's Night Collector's Edition on Blu-Ray and the Beatles' complete Ed Sullivan Show appearances
  • A Weezer t-shirt and jacket
  • Guinness World Records 2011
  • Some stuff for my car
  • Some new earrings
  • John Lennon's books In His Own Write and A Spaniard In The Works (in a single volume)
  • The new Rolling Stone issue with unreleased John Lennon interviews, along with two issues of (I think) Guitar World, one with a picture of John Lennon on the cover and the other with Paul McCartney
  • A Nook Color, of course, and a protective case

I was supposed to get Blue Album Deluxe but it never arrived in the mail. D:

Overall, though, pretty great Christmas. :awesomeTW:

Yeah. I mostly got functional/everyday stuff as well (aside from the essential Beatles, which will be used more than everything else I got). I'm usually more happy with those things.

Back