The afternoon projects thread

That's actually a legitimate goal of mine, though. Buy a van, spray paint "free candy" on the side... and actually have free candy as I'm driving slowly in front of elementary schools at recess. :D

grossaffe said:
ttsgeb said:
I want that van so hard. I would spraypaint free candy all over that mofo.
not overt enough. spray paint RAPE on it
[flash=512,288]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com::3:83628[/flash]

Decided to make my second Dreamcast have changeable regions. Connected the wires to correct spots on the mobo and hooked them to this toggle switch. I used a switch because a) it looks cool, and b) I heard it's not good to leave them connected all the time.
IMG_20120102_202817.jpg

So I made it a PAL console. Then I realized that I had it in PAL broadcast mode. Luckily the main TV in our house is multisysytem to some extent. Black and white was enough for me to fix it. Final product:
IMG_20120102_202206.jpg

Too bad I don't have any legit PAL games to test it on. It seems like it would work though.

I have two PAL games and they've worked fine for me, no modifications region mods.

I forgot I have an overclock switch, SD card slot, reset button, and I always play through VGA. And all my games are burned. I'm not sure if that would affect anything, though.

Yeah I burned a PAL version of Crazy Taxi to play with it but it seems like all of my (burned) NTSC-U games work fine. I kind of messed up the solder dots on that mobo so the VGA mod will be on the other Dreamcast. I had an audio jack too but it was getting in the way of the disc drive so I had to take it out.

I made a video projector out of an overhead projector and an lcd screen. All I had to do was place the image producing lcd panel of the screen on the overhead projector and turn it on. It's pretty good quality too. It's kind of loud, but that isn't a big deal to me. Especially since the whole thing cost me $15. Unfortunately the lcd panel is bigger than the display area of the projector, so the edges get cut off. I can resize the windows on the computer to get past that, but I can't really use it to play video games because of that.

Hot Dang, I love projects in unconventional cases. I once planned a noacp in a dish soap container :p

Made my sandals better with hot glue and an old pair of jeans per this instructable.

wp000722.jpg

UPDATE: I was sitting here wondering why I couldn't find my sandals when shuffling my feet around to slip them in, then I looked at the picture and realized they were still on my desk...

Colgate said:
Speakers from a laptop OJ speaker box.
http://i.imgur.com/jc51F.jpg[img]
Recycling N flax.[/quote]
How many Thinkcentres do you Jolly African Americans have?
I wouldn't mind having one. ;_;

I thought I'd teach the kids about electromagnetism and motors today.

Don't judge my rotor, I did this project in 15 mins with stuff I tracked down around the house.

I was partially expecting it to burst into flame as the current heated up the wire. :p

Start training as a science teacher in September, will definitely use that if I have to teach about magnets/electricity.

Back