The afternoon projects thread

I made another charger. Went stealth mode this time. Sold it for $35 AWWWWW YEAAAAA
F1JJJl.jpg

YCYYhl.jpg

They wanted a switch so I gave them a switch. Oh, they showed it to other people. I've got people throwing money at me left and right :awesome:

Nice. You should put rechargable batteries in another one and put in a charger too. That would be awesome. You could sell it for more money.

Already on that, Noah. I've got some 7.4v 2000 mah li-ions set aside for my older sister. It's gonna be pure winsauce.

Yo dawg I herd you liked charging batteries so we put rechargeable batteries in your battery charger so you can charge while you charge

It was originally, but it wasn't working right so I replaced it with one from that ps2 slim. I love reusing parts

I modded my battery powerd soldering iron to run off of wall power.
it took five minutes to do.
20z5pg7.jpg

I broke it on accident, but it still looks cool

You need to put on the Iron Man armor, strap on the Zelda shield and sword, and put on those wolverine claws.

We'd start calling you the God Damned IronLinkWolf, he who is half iron, half Link, half wolverine.

robm said:
You need to put on the Iron Man armor, strap on the Zelda shield and sword, and put on those wolverine claws.

We'd start calling you the God Damned IronLinkWolf, he who is half iron, half Link, half wolverine.
dont forget the cap and the sunglesses :ninj:

After gutting the GCP2 for it's innards, I decided that since it lasted over two years and still worked, it's case was worth saving and mounting on my wall. Sentimental to me, really.

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7429.jpg

SS

Somebody made a VNC application for Kindle so I decided to make a VNC server. Got an old computer, slapped some RAM in it, slapped some XP on it, slapped a video card in it, and slapped a crappy old screen on it.

23st450.jpg

2w7gwtj.jpg

The screen leeches power from one of the motherboard power connectors. I had the plug installed long ago for a monitor, but it's been unused until now. The video card outputs s-video so I put together a little s-video to composite cable for the screen.
zpsp1.jpg

Added some pots for brightness and saturation control.
2efugm0.jpg

And there ya go. I set a custom resolution of 800x560 so it fits the Kindle screen perfectly with no stretching or parts being cut off.
2ywiecg.jpg

I suppose the screen isn't really necessary, but I had it sitting around and figured "why not". Plus, if I ever want to use this as a server (ha! yeah right...) I can use it to display stats.

I'm also using this as my new proxy at school. Works pretty well. I get ~480kbps up and download speeds, even with the server acting over wifi.

Back