The afternoon projects thread

I would never put a Dodge engine into a car I even marginally like. (Well, Cummins Diesel maybe)

If I had a DeLorean, I would put a small-block Chevy 350 into it, running 12:1 compression, with twin-turbos pushing 15 pounds each, and the whole thing will be built to the core so it can handle the 1000HP that will put out.
A DeLorean with 1000+ HP and 1000+ ft/lbs of torque. Yeah.
Want.

The tranny wouldn't handle it, the 3-speed sure as flax not, but even the 5-speed Manual they used, it wouldn't handle that abuse.
Probably pull a Manual out of a Porsche 911... *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in' love the Germans.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* that, I would put two F404s on the back of a Hyundai for epic lulz.

/thread

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing dual-engine a minivan with turbo'd KLZE's from a probe. Megasquirt that flax and get a NOS can, too. 5-speed manual with LSD and stripped interior, too.

10-second carivan, anyone?

Basement_Modder said:
Linking dual-engine a minivan with turbo'd KLZE's from a probe. Megasquirt that flux and get a NOS can, too. 5-speed manual with LSD and stripped interior, too.

10-second carivan, anyone?
Not how I would do it. I would get a dodge caravan sport (they drive really really well. best suspension Ive seen in any van. almost no body roll.) Then I would make it mid-engined. Probably a twin turbo NOS'd 13b wankel with like 5 extra rotors. About ~1100hp and very little weight. (probably less than the stock engine) Transmission would be a manual, but beyond that, I dont know. Still, it outta pull a high 9 second quarter.

Put an AGT1500 in a Mini. Okay, nah, that's too ridiculous. Putting it in, say, a Civic, would make an uber-ricer. Something like an Allison 250 would be more reasonable, though.

Once you get a car and have to take care of it, and once it breaks the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up and you spend hours troubleshooting with it, you learn real quick how to appreciate the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* out of them.

SS

I made glasses for a cat. Why? Because I found a short piece of wire from a house...

wp000346.jpg

wp000345.jpg

I'd have neater pictures, but the cat was not too happy with this...

Palmer didn't do anything with the thousandth post, so I'm stealing it. :p This took about 20 minutes to make, so I'd hardly call it an afternoon project. AND GOSH DARN IT I JUST REALIZED I SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THE MLP THEME INSTEAD GRRRRR

Back