The afternoon projects thread

That is, without a doubt, MUCH nicer than the hacked PC PSU I built. Mine has a fan glued on top as an afterthought and uses LEDs to draw some load. I try not to leave it on for long periods of time, as it would probably die. Sometimes it makes strange smells, and I'm pretty sure crossing 120VAC wires with the low voltage outputs is bad for it.

Yours, on the other hand, is really nice and clean. It looks like you hooked together earth ground and DC ground, not sure if that's wrong or not.

Thanks, Unicycler! Yeah, I nearly died with it stopped working. I use this thing all the time.

XCVG, that just sounds dangerous. XD I tried to make it look good because I knew I'd be using it for a long time.
And thanks! Yeah, the grounds are connected, but they were like that in the first place, so I'm guessing it's fine. I mean, it was like that for two years and it was fine, so I don't see a problem.

xI9CI.png

WOSHIP

This is a mod I did where I put a gamecube controller inside a guitar hero guitar, and use it to play DDR games. Weird, I know. It was a lot of fun to do though.

I re-wired the ignition system in my truck so that I now have a series of things to do to turn it on. I won't go into further detail, except that it's awesome, and I have a switch labeled passenger eject now.

Cojiro said:
This is a mod I did where I put a gamecube controller inside a guitar hero guitar, and use it to play DDR games. Weird, I know. It was a lot of fun to do though.

I did a similar mod except I used an XBOX controller, so I could use it to play FoFiX. Fun stuff.

I spruced up the "clutch" system on my bike today. Instead of a bungee cord, I now have a spring to push it up. Sorry for the flash, it was night by the time I was done riding.

68r86c.jpg

1j8205.jpg

2mi2j2w.jpg

I also replaced the battery on Stella today. It stopped holding a charge for some reason. The good part is that the new battery is from a DS and is 1000mA, as opposed to the 600mA SP battery that used to be in it.

Mario, are you gonna grow up to be a redneck? I see cars on cinderblocks in your future as you attempt to drop a viper engine into your pick-up truck.

grossaffe said:
Mario, are you gonna grow up to be a redneck? I see cars on cinderblocks in your future as you attempt to drop a viper engine into your Geo Metro.
Fix'd. Really though, I have an extra dodge 318 full engine laying around, and there's a mazda 626 with a cracked block sitting in my yard. Mid engine supercar sleeper much?

samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:
Mario, are you gonna grow up to be a redneck? I see cars on cinderblocks in your future as you attempt to drop a viper engine into your DeLorean.
Fix'd. Really though, I have an extra dodge 318 full engine laying around, and there's a mazda 626 with a cracked block sitting in my yard. Mid engine supercar sleeper much?
Double fix'd.

I'll be the geekiest redneck there ever was.

Dude, a DeLorean is my dream car. I want one so badly, you don't even know.

Back