The afternoon projects thread

I painted my N64 controllers, they were grey. I thought they needed some color. I painted them a nice Red, White&Blue for the Fourth of July. The other one is a nice gold chrome color. It's so shiny I can see myself. :awesome: The project only took me about 2 hours max, most of it was drying time. 10 minutes to take them apart.

I got a free XBOX while on a mission trip in Sault Ste Marie last week. When I got home, I had to make a custom power cord for it, by grinding down one side of a PSX head I had, than soldering it to a cord cut off an N64 power brick. I than learned that there was a game in it: NHL 07. The game itself was pretty scratched up, and the system wouldn't read it. Since I currently had no other XBOX games in my workroom, I ripped the Sega apart. I am experimenting with making the drive toploading, as it may be dead. I will try other games, but if they don't work, expect a casemod of some sort, in addition to a new disk drive and/ or a HDD replacing it.

Modding stuff is fun.

Wait a tick. You were in SSM? Where and when? And how did you get a free XBox in my home turf?

Tibia said:
Wait a tick. You were in SSM? Where and when? And how did you get a free XBox in my home turf?
HOLY CHRIST I WAS IN TIBS CITY AND DIDN'T MEET HER OMGWTFBBQ!!!

I was working at a habitat for humanity warehouse and the manager had it sitting there and said the guy who brought it in said he was coming back with cords but it had been like 2 months and said I could have it.

:awesome:

Oh, and I was there from last week Sunday to last Friday, staying at the first church of Christ.

budnespid said:
I made potato chips.......in the microwave!!!! :awesome: Gawd they were good.
Youtube vid:

You were right they are good. I made some of my own. They are amazing. :) Like an orgazm in a potato chip. LOL!

Basement_Modder said:

I was working at a habitat for humanity warehouse and the manager had it sitting there and said the guy who brought it in said he was coming back with cords but it had been like 2 months and said I could have it.

Oh, and I was there from last week Sunday to last Friday, staying at the first church of Christ.

Man, I could have stopped by either the church or the warehouse, too. If you're ever up this way again, let me know. I'm pretty easy to find. lol

Tibia said:
Basement_Modder said:

Man, I could have stopped by either the church or the warehouse, too. If you're ever up this way again, let me know. I'm pretty easy to find. lol
If we go to the same place next year, I'll let you know.

photo0333.jpg

Put an analog stick cover from a 3rd party Xbox controller on the Dreamcast analog stick. It's a real tight fit, but it's so much more comfortable to use now.

Back