ShockSlayer's X64 Lite WIP Thread!

Basement_Modder said:
ShockSlayer said:
yeah, but both of those carts had more pins, the N64 has about 30 pins that are needed, and even then quite a few or N/C.

SS
Do you have the pinout of which pins are GND?
Yeah, look at your board and all the pins that have no traces coming off of them are ground. (or voltage, but it's pretty easy to tell)

Basement_Modder said:
Was just asking because I have an old cart slot that has a few pins broken off and wondered if it mattered.
894b8bfa7fa55716faa8d0ef1b556bc3.jpg

red is ground, purple is 3.3v (vcc) and the yellow is 12v.

STATUS UPDATE!

Well, after having fried my screen, my n64, and having nothing left, I was broke, poor and projectless. I was sad for many days. BUT NOW!

I have ordered another screen, and a battery pack! How? Simple. I took on a commission! I will be building a portable that is a probably going to be an replica of my 6th n64p! So, in order to build my X64 Lite, I need to build another n64p before I do it! :lol:

Oh, whats awesome about this? Well, its a good break from all the harder aspects of portablizing for me, and I might film the whole thing!

SS

Film it and make an epic vidtorial! :mrgreen: Protip: Do not talk, add commentary during post-production! Easier to work in.

Link to screen and battery? I might be getting that 320x240 3.5 LCD off DX.

I should do that for 1 week.
Put a camera over my desk and do a timelapse.

"OH COOL WHAT'S THAT HE'S WORKING ON?!! Oh he set it aside... Okay I guess but WAIT WHAT'S THAT THING AH COOL I WONDER WHAT IT'S GONN- oh wait, he's doing something else now... IS THAT AN N64?! WOW I WONDER WH- oh now it's in the pile too..."

Many projects, none of which get done? I know a guy like that... A friend. :lol: I have always though a webcam that updates every 30 seconds would be cool, so we could see each others workshops.

I got a chuckle out of how well you wrote that... I wonder if we could have a modretro webcomic with terrible MSpaintshoops...

:runs to MSpaint:

samjc3 said:
jleemero said:
that would be a huge file! especially if its hd! :eek:
1) I said a webcam. == Low Quality
2) I said timelapse :p[/quote]
i know. but before the timelapse, it would be huge. or can you just record a timelapse at like 1 frame a minute?

samjc3 said:
samjc3 said:
jleemero said:
that would be a huge file! especially if its hd! :eek:
1) I said a webcam. == Low Quality
2) I said timelapse :p
i know. but before the timelapse, it would be huge. or can you just record a timelapse at like 1 frame a minute?[/quote]
Yup.
Plenty of software to do that.

ShockSlayer said:
I'm going to do the 1 picture per mionute thing, I'll see if my camera can do that.

SS
I'm most interested in how to pack these things up, show that whole thing, don't do the one minute thing while you're packing it up pl0x :p

Nothing, really. I have to focus on the other portable first!

Oh, and I don't even have an n64, so once I get the screen and the batteries I will post pics of them, to prove I'm doing SOMETHING.

SS

Back