ShockSlayer's X64 Lite WIP Thread!

So, this is one of those, "I'll have to wait-and-see" situations, huh? The type where you don't get it until you see the final design.

looking very swanky, should be your best yet. Hopefully you'll be writing a how to afterwards :mrgreen:

If this works out, it will be the smallest N64p EVER! I am very excited about this, and I hope you do a good case job. ;)

I am also making the smallest N64p ever so we'll see which one is smaller (they will probably be about the same). This one will definitely be done before mine though. Shockslayer: What revision board are you using?

Neildo_64 said:
I am also making the smallest N64p ever so we'll see which one is smaller (they will probably be about the same). This one will definitely be done before mine though. Shockslayer: What revision board are you using?
I think it is a 5 if it's the board I gave him (I did give you my rev 5 right, SS? ) And I know for a fact that it has all of the ram onboard, so it is definitely Rev 5 or lower.

I don't know, I haven't opened up my n64 yet! :p

I assume REV-04

Anyways, I'd like to see you try to get it smaller than mine! :D

SS

ShockSlayer said:

I assume REV-04

What was the REV of the board where they switched over to only one RAM chip instead of 2?

ShockSlayer said:

Yours is about the bare minimum, unless he cuts it like bacteria was gonna on the N64 cubed and stacks the board... but controls would bake it about the same size anyway.

Or if he manually solders the connections between the RCP and CPU, and rewired the SMT filter caps on the video line straight to the source. That would make it small.

PalmerTech said:
Or if he manually solders the connections between the RCP and CPU, and rewired the SMT filter caps on the video line straight to the source. That would make it small.
Or redesigned the board ;)

And from my experience in between 5 and six is when most of the revision change happened, other than the AVDC VDC switch that happened between 4 and five. 5 had two ram things, six has 1.

I was the unlucky baƨtard that got a REV-9. It says "(c) 2000 Nintendo" and the plastic thing that surrounds the cart slot is translucent green, even on a black case.

ShockSlayer said:

I assume REV-04

SS

I would also love to see you try to get smaller than mine! :D

Neildo_64 said:
ShockSlayer said:

I assume REV-04

SS

I would also love to see you try to get smaller than mine! :D
If a girl with a dirty mind read this, she would never come back to our site.

And, I have a rev 9 board, there is nothing different about them from a rev 8. NOTHING!!! (on the board) The heatsink and shielding are made different, but nothing else.

Back