ShockSlayer's X64 Lite WIP Thread!

Now THAT'S a result I like!!

Also, I'm assuming those SMT LEDs are white? (They better be >.>)
In series, you'll need quite the voltage, 24 volts or so.
Not very nice ey?

Actually, i deduced it useless when it went into smokey shambles. THEN I punched it. And yes, eurddrue is right.

Speaking of which, thanks for the stuff, I now have an n64 with 8mb of ram and a jumper pack running LoZ:MM thanks to you! :D Couldn't have done it without ya! And I've already cut it down to be RCP relocated, making this the third time I've done it.

SS

PalmerTech said:
How fast can you do it? Can you be payed to do it?
:lol: Money solves all problems in the universe. Yeah, he said that some day he would do it for me, I'd assume it would go for anybody, especially if money (lots of it) were involved.

I can do the RAM myself, and I can probably do the RCP myself. I have decided that if I fail, though, I would pay you.

How much for either one, or both together?

Palmertech, sice you were the one that gave me the technique and confidence to do that ram, as long as you supply the n64, and the two ram ships, I'll do it for free. RCP, standard price for you(but since eurddrue helped me so much with that, free for him, as long as I get an n64 to do it with) Everyone else:
RCP = $20 + n64 + $ for shipping back
RAM = $20 + the 2 ram chips + n64 + shipping back

SS

:mrgreen:

Thanks, man! I kinda wanna keep my upgraded RAM N64 mobo untrimmed for my normal use.

Oh, and you kinda helped me find the technique, if you had not used superglue on those heatsinks, I never would have torn off the original RAM! :p

What would happen if I put on 1 4mb chip and left a 2 mb chip on? Would the n64 crash, or would it read the extra memory?

Eh, I think it could very well address the additional memory.
Of course, no point at all whatsoever, as there are no games that would take advantage of it, but regardless.

UPDATE;

ShockSlayer said:
Question: Could you just connect all the pins that are not ground and then just switch them via grounds?

I'm going to build in my games (*gasp*) because I have no need for a cart slot. I've got all of 7 games I want to actually play.

SS

ALL MY N64S HATE ME NOW, AND ALL MY SCREENS DO TOO!

SS

I'm not sure if building in more than one cart would work without some sort of software. You would need lots of ICs or switches for 7 carts, or you would probably get mixed game signals to the RCP which would screw everything up.

100th post of the n64 forum :mrgreen:

Back