MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

We're restoring a previous backup, it won't be there.

Ampersand said:
Zero, are there admin/mod commands for currency?

Yes, but only I can use them so that the "economy" doesn't get all *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up by introducing too much new money.

J.D said:
Zero went afk while figuring out the backups. Assume that he won't be back till tomorrow.

Both my cable and internet went down for a few hours while restoring the backup. *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in' Comcast. Either way, we are back up and running now.

XCVG said:
This server gets more and more RP by the day.

Again, you have a vauge definition of RP. Go on a real MC RP server and see how different it really is. Just because we have town and money doesn't make it RP, otherwise almost all Survival servers would be RP.

I know I have a pretty vague definition of RP. I guess it's more a "How much RP" than "Is it RP", and the line is kind of blurry. It's not a bad thing, in fact I like it.

AfroLH said:
Zero, you need to update the server, methinks.
This. Every time I try to go into multiplayer, it says I need too update the client. But the client on my lappy is updated.

The server software needs to be updated, that's the problem. Besides vanilla Minecraft server software there's no server software yet.

Server updated, but some things still need to be worked out. Let me know if you experience any weird bugs/issues.

Before the Halloween Update, I was able to run Minecraft on the lowest settings on my EEE 900a. But with the update, I'm only getting 1-3 FPS and I'm unable to really play. When Notch fixes this error with the CPU demand, I'll be back on, but till then, have fun without meh! :gonk:

zeturi said:
Before the Halloween Update, I was able to run Minecraft on the lowest settings on my EEE 900a. But with the update, I'm only getting 1-3 FPS and I'm unable to really play. When Notch fixes this error with the CPU demand, I'll be back on, but till then, have fun without meh! :gonk:
Works fine for me on my 900ha :confused:
Just tried MC on my parents' pc, video cards are flax enough to give me an error like this:

Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 10/31/10 10:57 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft Alpha v1.2.0_02
Java: 1.6.0_18, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java::3:11)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:198)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:560)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT f47ba6cd ----------

I have that same problem on my dad's old PC. You need to find the most recent driver, which I have done to my knowledge. I think the problem is that the video card is just too old for it to work. But this is totally my own assumption. There might be a fix.

Mako, what specs does your 900ha have?

I'm running a 1.6 Ghz Atom N270 with 1 gig of ram, and GMA 900 graphics. I'm using Xubuntu.

However, there may be a problem with the amount of RAM that Minecraft is using. On the main screen, it reads:

Used Memory: 9% (50 MB) of 508 MB
Allocated Memory: 12% (63 MB)

I actually have one gig of RAM installed. I want to figure out how to allocate more RAM for minecraft to increase performance, but I suppose I ought to read up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back