Ishmael's Snesp Worklog

It wasn't too bad. My pump was working great, but there were some pins that it didn't take all of the solder off of, yet there wasn't enough to really make it liquify and pool, and I was too lazy to put more solder on to just suck it off. So i said *Can'tSayThisOnTV*it.

Awesome progress so far. I was thinking of doing something like this before I realized that it would likely take me years to do.

OHAI! Been a while since any updates cause lately I have been vigorously working on the SecretGameboy. Today I Had some time to work on it! I finished casework i think. Other than the shoulder buttons. PICS!
The front with everything in it (not secured)
2nhg7ma.jpg

The rear case with the stuff filled in and sanded, the seam around the battery door is also gone as you will see in the next pic.
20af668.jpg

Close up of the ridges. NO MOAR!
8zoihh.jpg

I will be buying the last few parts i need for this thing and wiring it up. :awesomeish:

I plan on it yeah. I have no ideas thus far though. It's gonna be the most EPIC paintjob done by me to date.

Use Super Famicom/Euro SNES coloured buttons, they're so much more sexy than purple and purple with a hint of grey.

Paint it with a blue and white/and or grey. something like that, because for some reason those colors really work together. plus, modretro, yeah!!!!!!!!

i already have it picked out, when i get my paycheck friday i will be ordering the final parts i need

So i have a question for everyone. Anyone who can help will be a great person. :awesomeish:
So everyone knows what an original DMG looks like. The recessed area where the screen protector sits, yeah? Since i had to make the screen hole bigger to accommodate a 3.5" screen, the rounded corner (bottom right) curves right into the screen hole. I am planning to make my own custom screen protector out of some think plexiglass and spray paint for the grey around it. Now, my problem is, i don't have a method for dremeling or sanding this recessed area. It needs to be straight, and the same depth as the original recessed area. I want it to look clean, not like a pos job. I have looked around and found a little metal type thing that attaches to a dremel, and sort of turns it into a router. I want something like that, maybe. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how i go about doing this, they would be much appreciated.

Ishmael1010 said:
So i have a question for everyone. Anyone who can help will be a great person. :awesomeish:
So everyone knows what an original DMG looks like. The recessed area where the screen protector sits, yeah? Since i had to make the screen hole bigger to accommodate a 3.5" screen, the rounded corner (bottom right) curves right into the screen hole. I am planning to make my own custom screen protector out of some think plexiglass and spray paint for the grey around it. Now, my problem is, i don't have a method for dremeling or sanding this recessed area. It needs to be straight, and the same depth as the original recessed area. I want it to look clean, not like a pos job. I have looked around and found a little metal type thing that attaches to a dremel, and sort of turns it into a router. I want something like that, maybe. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how i go about doing this, they would be much appreciated.
So you're looking to make a permanent screen protector which is made out of plexiglass and is around 1-3mm thick? Is this correct? :)

yeah, that's the easy part, the dilemma i'm having is how to expand the recessed area on the case that the screen protector sits in.

Back