I need help naming a few cars

OMG, it's the amphibious automobile. Damned if I can remember who made it though.

There's a gentleman that owns one around where I work, he drives it in every once in a while.

i know im reaching back a little here, but why is that the only wenkel powered truck anyway? after, the power to weight ratio on a wenkel engine is massively higher than a piston engine of the same size, right? why dont they use em? i mean, they arent too gas efficient, but that could probably be improved if someone would just use the technology.

also, why is your school giving extra credit for identifying cars?

Try finding a rotary engine mechanic.

Not sure if it's universal or not, but finding someone around here to work on the things is Dang near impossible.

It's true.

Those Rotary Trucks they made those few short years were GREAT trucks, they really were, and shockingly fast for trucks of the time.

Wankel Engines are interesting beasts, and yes, they have both advantages and disadvantages over traditional Piston engines.
But the maintenance is higher, period.
Not only on the end of, say, finding a mechanic that can touch one, but the actual labor associated with it. (In comparison to a Piston Engine)

Well, this is for Auto Tech class and most of the people in the class are druggies... I just want to learn about cars. The teacher has to give out tons of extra credit and make all the tests easy or everyone will fail.

Also dam guys, did some of you read books on cars or something?

There are books about cars?

No but seriously, my Father was an auto-mechanic, my brother is an auto-mechanic, my whole family back a couple generations on both sides all love cars.
I grew up with people talking about cars.
I have fond memories of taking 4+ Hour drives on the weekends (Oh wait, we STILL DO THIS) to small neighborhoods, or nearby towns, and driving up and down lots of back-roads, hopping out and walking down alleys, looking in peoples backyards, looking for old, obscure, rare, or fancy cars.

Basically the same here.

On top of having a race car (1969 Dodge Dart with a 440,) my grandfather restored old Mopars. I learned to drive a stick on a 1970 Dodge Challenger 340 with a 4-speed, had a Hurst pistol grip shifter. Manual brakes, manual steering, manual clutch.

When I got back into my Mazda, I felt like I was driving a car made out of Legos.

I didn't stalk people's houses though.

Lucky Playstation robm ;)

I learned to drive stick in a damned Ford Ranger, tiny little 4 cylinder, variant of the old Pinto engine.
It wasn't a bad vehicle, but it still stands as the SLOWEST vehicle I've ever driven.

Since then, I've had the pleasure of owning a '68 Volkswagen Beetle, and a '72 Super Beetle (My Current Car) with some very nice upgrades done to it.

When I was a kid, I always wanted a Beetle.

So completely impractical for me these days, however.

A Beetle? Pfft. Why not a Thing?

vwthing.jpg

Tell me that's not awesome.

A lady up the hill from my house has a green one... I want it so badly. If I ever get any money, I'm gonna offer to buy it, I swear.

Lol, they're sadly some of the worst Aircooled VW's ever made.

I mean, I'll still be honest, I love 'em.
If you take care of 'em, they'll last as long as anything, but yeah, they're not exactly QUALITY.

jleemero said:
Lucky Playstation robm ;)

I learned to drive stick in a damned Ford Ranger, tiny little 4 cylinder, variant of the old Pinto engine.
It wasn't a bad vehicle, but it still stands as the SLOWEST vehicle I've ever driven.

Since then, I've had the pleasure of owning a '68 Volkswagen Beetle, and a '72 Super Beetle (My Current Car) with some very nice upgrades done to it.

I learned on my dad's 1945 willys jeep.

Made only a month after the war.

Back