I am this close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
Youtube commenters piss me off a lot.

I bet my alter ego hailrazer's thinking the same thing.

THE EXPOSED CD IS NOT A BUZZ SAW AND THE LAZER WONT BURN YOUR FACE OFF.

I should make a video demonstrating the difference between the two. Any idea's of any other portablizing myths I should tackle?

SS

RGB is the same as component. This pisses me off so bad. To elaborate, RGB does fit the broader definition of component video- video broken up into separate components. However, when people say component, they usually mean color difference, or YPbPr. They are definitely not the same. YPbPr separates the video into Y, or luma (brightness), Pb (difference between blue and luma) and Pr (difference between red and luma). Why anyone would come up with such a ludicrously overcomplicated method I will never understand, especially since it came into use in the digital age. RGB, on the other hand, simply has lines for Red, Green, and Blue. Of course, there are differences in the sync rate and how it's transmitted. With YPbPr sync is on the Y line. With RGB it's on a separate sync line. The two are totally incompatible and barely related. Why do people get mixed up? Well, the component jacks are colored red, green and blue, even though green is actually luma. So, some people think they are the same, some use the terms pretty much interchangably, and worst of all, some people actually call component RGB. My explaination is probably crap, there's a much better one on GameSX.

RGB=VGA. Again, no. Why do people think these are the same? Because they are very similar. Both have separated Red, Green, and Blue lines for video. The difference lies in the sync rate and by extension resolution. VGA has a 31KHz horizontal sync rate. RGB has a 15KHz horizontal sync rate. Additionally, VGA uses separate Hsync and Vsync lines, whereas RGB only has a composite sync line. Now technically, VGA is also a form of RGB, but in the portabilizing and retro gaming world, RGB typically refers to the 15KHz RGB I just talked about. Again, GameSX has a better explaination.

Technically speaking, even S-Video is a type of component.

Youtube commenters are idiots. We should have a thread just showcase the worst comments we can find.

Also, "OMG YOU WILL ELECTROCUTE SOMEONE WITH THE WIRES!".

That one bugs me.

The one that I see a lot and really pisses me off is one along these lines:

"omg tht n654 pertoble is so kool,. Ill ttly giv u my n64 for it, but nothn else"

Makes me feel like this: ._.

I have a lot of ones. Mostly from one particular idiot friend of mine.

"make a ps2p instead of a ps1p. a ps1p is stupid."

"if you run out of spraypaint, just brush different paint on your (plastic) case. It will turn out the same"

"why make a portable nes? Eli has a psp that has all the nes, genesis, AND playstation games on it."

and then there are other ones that go away from portablizing like

"you can not listen to records without speakers. it won't work. I tried it with the volume down and it wouldn't work."

I proved him wrong on that one after explaining that early phonographs used no electricity or speakers.

bentomo said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again

"Get a PSP! :dahroll: "

These people are truly idiots.
I concur. I see those kind of comments on Engadget all the time. On the article about your Starlight 64 people were like "y mke the smalest portable when u can emulate on a psp so mch moore portable".

teach them that the words "this item is not for sale" means that they can't have comments like "HEY, I GOTZ 200 DOLLARZ, HOW MUCH IS IT TO BUY? I WANT IT SO BADLY, SO I WANT TO BUY IT! ILL EVEN GIVE YOU ANOTHER N64!"

XCVG said:
RGB is the same as component. This pisses me off so bad. To elaborate, RGB does fit the broader definition of component video- video broken up into separate components. However, when people say component, they usually mean color difference, or YPbPr. They are definitely not the same. YPbPr separates the video into Y, or luma (brightness), Pb (difference between blue and luma) and Pr (difference between red and luma). Why anyone would come up with such a ludicrously overcomplicated method I will never understand, especially since it came into use in the digital age. RGB, on the other hand, simply has lines for Red, Green, and Blue. Of course, there are differences in the sync rate and how it's transmitted. With YPbPr sync is on the Y line. With RGB it's on a separate sync line. The two are totally incompatible and barely related. Why do people get mixed up? Well, the component jacks are colored red, green and blue, even though green is actually luma. So, some people think they are the same, some use the terms pretty much interchangably, and worst of all, some people actually call component RGB. My explaination is probably crap, there's a much better one on GameSX.

RGB=VGA. Again, no. Why do people think these are the same? Because they are very similar. Both have separated Red, Green, and Blue lines for video. The difference lies in the sync rate and by extension resolution. VGA has a 31KHz horizontal sync rate. RGB has a 15KHz horizontal sync rate. Additionally, VGA uses separate Hsync and Vsync lines, whereas RGB only has a composite sync line. Now technically, VGA is also a form of RGB, but in the portabilizing and retro gaming world, RGB typically refers to the 15KHz RGB I just talked about. Again, GameSX has a better explaination.
I was just looking at TVs today, and on the box, rather than saying it has VGA, it says it has "RGB (computer connection)" or something along those lines.

Like I (think I) said, VGA is a form of RGB, but in the retro console/portabilizing world we usually mean 15KHz RGB when we say RGB. If it bugs you, say 15KHz RGB and 31KHz RGB.

my pc said that it had a "pc input" on the tv.(that's how best buy advertised it at least)(it was a sharp aquos)

i hate "get a psp" n00bs as well. if i could, i would remove (read: murder) them all.

another one that bothers me are people that say flax like "its not good! i could make it are better!11"

but i think the on that bothers me the most are the people who think its ILLEGAL to mod consoles, and such. :wtf: :wtf: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Solution: Tell people in your description not to make idiotic posts like these and tell them that they'll be deleted if they are posted. Then delete the idiotic comments on your videos as they appear since people can't follow directions.

Ok, Wait, If you combine two idiots, the "PSP" people and the "ILLEGAL MODDING PEOPLE", isnt downloading Millions of retro games on your psp illegal? Got them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back