Gamecube Portable... Known Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAQUElife said:
bud said:
We don't have to conform to you wishes. You're a prick. Deal with it.

that awkward moment when pretty much everyone else grew up and moved on.

@crazy inventor he was talking about me, he doesnt even know what hes talking about, i NEVER said lets not curse. idgaf who curses and doesnt. and if he WAS in fact directing that towards you, then he really is a dick. just ignore him.
Haha, you grew up that much in 24 hours??? :lol:

nuke said:
PLAQUElife said:
bud said:
We don't have to conform to you wishes. You're a prick. Deal with it.

that awkward moment when pretty much everyone else grew up and moved on.

@crazy inventor he was talking about me, he doesnt even know what hes talking about, i NEVER said lets not curse. idgaf who curses and doesnt. and if he WAS in fact directing that towards you, then he really is a dick. just ignore him.
Haha, you grew up that much in 24 hours??? :lol:

its an expression? and what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* did i do to you, how come u gotta be a dick too? why the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* am i the only one getting chewed out around here when there are PLENTY of others that deserve it too.

Its called a joke.
deal-with-it.gif

DcMc said:
I second Σigma

Topic.

Use the magastickies of this section of site. Lots of good info in those links. Kasar's guide truly got me started.

And JD was wrong. You don't have to do an SNES before a Gamecube portable. I started working on my GCP back when I didn't even know what a soldering iron was.

That said, I could have saved myself a lot of time and money being less ambitious about the size of the portable and perhaps trying an easier system first, which is what JD was trying to convey. Start on the system YOU like, but be prepared to fall on your face a lot if its a newer system. I've broken at least 40 gamecubes to date.

One last thing: It is in a new members interest to be humble and courteous on informational sites like Modretro. Why? Because we will be MUCH more inclined to help you out. Even if you feel you were unjustly attacked, staying cool about it will ultimately get you what you want, which I assume is a badass portable :cool:

Tchay said:
Topic.

Use the magastickies of this section of site. Lots of good info in those links. Kasar's guide truly got me started.

And JD was wrong. You don't have to do an SNES before a Gamecube portable. I started working on my GCP back when I didn't even know what a soldering iron was.

That said, I could have saved myself a lot of time and money being less ambitious about the size of the portable and perhaps trying an easier system first, which is what JD was trying to convey. Start on the system YOU like, but be prepared to fall on your face a lot if its a newer system. I've broken at least 40 gamecubes to date.

One last thing: It is in a new members interest to be humble and courteous on informational sites like Modretro. Why? Because we will be MUCH more inclined to help you out. Even if you feel you were unjustly attacked, staying cool about it will ultimately get you what you want, which I assume is a badass portable :cool:

Anyone who doesnt 110% agree with this guy is insane.

Before this gets locked as it should, I want to say something. Plaquelife, don't be rude to anyone no this site, especially for your first few posts. Also, don't get into big arguments like this whole topic . If you do those things, and sound relatively mature and smart, you should be fine and make a few friends.

Once you get on the members' bad sides, it's hard to get back up.

Trust me on that one.

Ganon said:
:O I'm not going to look at all 6 pages... but i think this should be locked. Before it starts again

Pretty strong words, telling our staff how we should handle debates like this without even reading the thread. Especially when you consider the fact that you have only been a member for a couple hours. :rolleyes:

Not going to lock this thread, as it has moved from inflammatory to pretty relaxed, with constructive advice being given.

PalmerTech said:
Ganon said:
:O I'm not going to look at all 6 pages... because

Pretty strong words, telling our staff how we should handle debates like this without even reading the thread. Especially when you consider the fact that you have only been a member for a couple hours. :rolleyes:

Not going to lock this thread, as it has moved from inflammatory to pretty relaxed, with constructive advice being given.

Sorry, i agree, i am an idiot :(
yeah, i'll stop acting like an idiot,
Sorry again

-Gannon

yeah, i agree, so... i'll become try to be mature

EDIT: Reads title under 'online/offline thing' Founder of Modretro.
Sir i feel hounered to meet you (over the interwebz) also please do not banish me great sire of Modrerothon

:awesome:

-Gannon

Well now that weve moved on to productiveness, on a scale of 1 to 10 how much harder is it to make a gcp than a n64p?

@palmertech do u think u can do that name change now?

A GCp can get really hard, compared to the N64. You'll have to worry about properly dissipating the heat from the GC, while the N64 doesn't make as much heat. Then again, an N64 can also get really hard if you plan to make it really small and make a nice case.

DefectX11 said:
A GCp can get really hard, compared to the N64. You'll have to worry about properly dissipating the heat from the GC, while the N64 doesn't make as much heat. Then again, an N64 can also get really hard if you plan to make it really small and make a nice case.

Good to know about the heat. In terms of wiring is it more extensive than an n64p? I havent looked thru the stickies yet for a gcp i havent had the time. To me the main part of every project is wiring, case making isnt an issue with me unless i want it to be INCREDIBLE but for now i dont need that im just getting my bearings making a few.

Also does anyone have a link where i can buy 30gauge IDE wire? Ive look thru old computer stuff and online but i cant find any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back