Gamecube Portable... Known Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point im done talking about the previous argument. Its setttled as far as im clncerned and if u cant see how i thought jd was being a dick then thats on you.

Anyway i think with names like buttcheeks mcgee and mr hooker allowed i think i should be ok aswell although the use of the f word is more intense then both those names i guess. Im not sure why the filter let my name go through..... That being said Please dont ban me :) really tho im here for help not to fight

Mr. Hooker is literally the guy's name. If his username was blocked, he'd sue our asses.

ProgMetalMan said:
We really need a censor for this word. Make it funny.

If you're offended by the word "Buttcheeks," you shouldn't be on a forum made by teenagers.

ProgMetalMan said:
Mr. Hooker is literally the guy's name. If his username was blocked, he'd sue our asses.

ProgMetalMan said:
We really need a censor for this word. Make it funny.

If you're offended by the word "Buttcheeks," you shouldn't be on a forum made by teenagers.

lol thats true it is his name.. and im not offended by any words, quite honestly i think the word censor is unnecessary. teenagers/adults are the ones who use this forum; who exactly is going to be sensitive or offended by curse words? i may be wrong but everyone on this forum SHOULD be comfortable with people who choose to use bad language. maybe the censor was put in place for a different reason than to just stop cursing, but those are just my thoughts.

all this talk about my username is scaring me. im not getting banned am i?

Nah, don't worry about it. Only trolls, spambots, and douchebags get banned. I wasn't talking about you, I'm just saying in general that if someone is bigoted/douchey enough to be offended when someone says Buttcheeks, then there is no reason to be on a forum mainly founded, run, and used by teenage boys and men in their twenties.

The censor was (I assume) put in for the benefit of the public, and if you don't want it, you can register and disable it in the user control panel. Since nobody takes the censor seriously, it's a lot of jokes. Female dog becomes Sega, and the other B-word is Playstation for example.

phew ok good hahah i was worried for a second.. and the censor definetly makes me laugh at times, especially when im reading comments and the word comes out of nowhere at random. how much is censored? do they censor things like boobies?

Edit: apparently not.

They just censor major swears.

Off the top of my head, there's the f family (which comes out to *PLAQUE* or *PLAQUE'D* Edit: ~ing becomes gingivitis-inviting. Forgot that.), the word for a pile of sticks (flamboyant homosexual), a common racist word dating back to slave times (Jolly African American), female dog (Sega), the word commonly used as a substitution for feces (flax), and the word meaning the child of sin (Playstation).

In addition, when a certain competing message board is named or linked, it links to Batman on Drugs.

Admins or seniors, did I miss anything?

ProgMetalMan said:
They just censor major swears.

Off the top of my head, there's the f family (which comes out to *PLAQUE* or *PLAQUE'D*), the word for a pile of sticks (flamboyant homosexual), a common racist word dating back to slave times (Jolly African American), female dog (Sega), the word commonly used as a substitution for feces (flax), and the word meaning the child of sin (Playstation).

In addition, when a certain competing message board is named or linked, it links to Batman on Drugs.

that's just plain awesome

ProgMetalMan said:

This is accurate. Please note, however, that we were forced to do this because staff from their site continued to use ModRetro to spam members with PMs telling them to switch sites (Something you have personally experienced). It is not anti-competitive, it is an attempt to stop the spam.

I tried to stay away form this thread, but there are a few things I'd like to address.
*Can'tSayThisOnTV*life. said:
@jd *Can'tSayThisOnTV* yourself.
@superben thanks alot that will suffice
and @vskid3, thank u, i actually appreciate the comment. at least your tryin to help me find my way, unlike that other cocksucker. i get that its up to me im just tryn to get as much striaghtfoward help as i can get. thanks for the advice though
First off, what was this, like your second post here? You've got to be kidding. How about you go and *Can'tSayThisOnTV* yourself, you little arrogant prick. I bet you couldn't even figure out how to open a gamecube. JD was merely trying to give you advice, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else. You are seriously too immature to even try to build a portable, heck, to even touch a screwdriver.

ProgMetalMan said:
J.D. was joking
Joking or not, JD told the truth. This kid has no idea what s/he's getting into.

ProgMetalMan said:
ModRetro, what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* happened? Since when do we chase away people who are a little below our bar? We did it with mesojdm, which resulted in SS leaving, βeta losing adminship, hostility, and various other bad flax, and now we're doing it again?
People who don't appreciate good advice and people taking the time to post links shouldn't really be here, because no one wants to deal with someone like that. Also, he could have taken 3 seconds to look at the megastickey.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*life. said:
LISTEN. Personally this argument is ridiculous to me. Crazy inventor,
Apology accepted, and i will turn around and give another apology to you all for starting this pointless thread and coming off as an asshole. Everyone should learn to take insults lighter, even me... But in anycase im taking hailraisers advice, applogizing and moving on. Im here on this forum to get help, not to flame.

PS we should leave my name out of this thank you, as i recall in the forums rules it mentions a language filter that can be turned off implying cursing isnt
Necessarily prohibited :)
YOU'VE GOT TO BE *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING JOKING. You come in here dropping F-Bombs all over, and now you're like, "Oh, don't swear, let's all be friends. :)"
Insults? Really? You think that's an insult? Coming in here and blowing up and the community? You are so stupid, words can't even describe it.
Oh, and with a username like that, I honestly thought you were a suicidal emo kid, not gonna lie.

ProgMetalMan said:
Nah, don't worry about it. Only trolls, spambots, and douchebags get banned.
Douchebags, huh? Then why isn't he banned?

I'm done.

The reason we censor swear words is because many of use reuse our usernames elsewhere, since a lot of us actually care about our online reputations. Better to not have yourself tied to something as immature as swearing (Seriously, how many intelligent people swear on a regular basis?)

I am going to be changing your name to "PLAQUElife", so as to be consistent with the word filter. You will have to log in with your new name, please note that.

I think we should all try to drop this, and give him a fresh start. Remember, we were all young and stupid and "cool" or "hardcore" at one point. :p

Go read the GameCube mega-sticky. Lots of useful information and i'm pretty sure it has links to finished GCPs. Don't just start ripping things apart and cutting apart controllers. Come up with a plan. I'm excited to see what you can build.

ProgMetalMan said:
Nah, don't worry about it. Only trolls, spambots, and douchebags get banned.
Douchebags, huh? Then why isn't he banned?

I'm done.[/quote]

....im dont even want to begin to combat this. why arent i banned? because im NOT a douchebag. first off, it is beyond me why noone can see how he was being a dick. i POLITELY ask people to not give me smart ass answers like that, and what does he do. he gives me a smart ass answers that i KINDLY ASKED people to refrain from doing. and im too immature to touch a screwdriver? really? and IM the arrogant and immature one? good one bro. speaking of immature, since when are people so uptight over a curse word?!? im not going to speak against peoples feelings on this forum about cursing though as it isnt my place, plus we have already discussed that on this thread. which brings me to another point... why do u feel the need to bring back up an issued thats already been settled? i know what i did wrong, i put it behind me because it was stupid banter, that apparently u felt the need to spark a flame in to get people fighting again. you clearly didnt read the rest of the exchange with. lets take a step back now and see who the immature one is.

anyway, @palmerton, that is perfectly fine and i agree with that 100%, i respect your decision.... however, im not too keen on having the name PLAQUElife, cant i at least have the option to have it be something different? i feel like thats only fair

OH and everyone should take a look at DcMc 's post. as far as im concerned, he literally is the most mature out of anyone who has commented on this post. he handled this better than most of the people who commented on this thread. how come noone else couldve gone about this post the way he did? thank you, very much DcMc for your comment.

*PLAQUE'D*. said:
LISTEN. Personally this argument is ridiculous to me. Crazy inventor,
Apology accepted, and i will turn around and give another apology to you all for starting this pointless thread and coming off as an asshole. Everyone should learn to take insults lighter, even me... But in anycase im taking hailraisers advice, applogizing and moving on. Im here on this forum to get help, not to flame.

PS we should leave my name out of this thank you, as i recall in the forums rules it mentions a language filter that can be turned off implying cursing isnt
Necessarily prohibited :)
Noah7 said:
YOU'VE GOT TO BE gingivitus-inviting JOKING. You come in here dropping F-Bombs all over, and now you're like, "Oh, don't swear, let's all be friends. :)"
Insults? Really? You think that's an insult? Coming in here and blowing up and the community? You are so stupid, words can't even describe it.
Oh, and with a username like that, I honestly thought you were a suicidal emo kid, not gonna lie.

Were you talking to me or him?

bud said:
We don't have to conform to you wishes. You're a prick. Deal with it.

that awkward moment when pretty much everyone else grew up and moved on.

@crazy inventor he was talking about me, he doesnt even know what hes talking about, i NEVER said lets not curse. idgaf who curses and doesnt. and if he WAS in fact directing that towards you, then he really is a dick. just ignore him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back