Gamecube Portable... Known Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetLife

im new to this, somewhat. i want to make a gamecube portable, and was wondering if anyone has a guide or worklog type deal for it? my main problem is the wiring, and was wondering if anyone knew of a guide that would help me with this. a step by step process for the GAMECUBE is what i need. i know there are ones such as bacterias for n64. also, i ask this nicely, please no comments like "start with a nes" or "you shouldnt be starting with a gamecube". i am fully aware what i am getting myself into, thanks in advance.

Start with a NES, you shouldn't be starting with a GameCube. You should be fully aware what you are getting yourself into.

vskid3 said:
If you want a better guide, here's one I just wrote. Save up $400-600 and have someone else build you one.

No one is going to spoon feed you. A lot of this is up to you, and what you want from your N64p. You need to have at least a rough understanding of what you're doing, so if something goes wrong, you can either fix it or describe it well enough that someone else can help you fix it. Read, read, read. Read the stickies, read work logs (especially older ones), use the search, and then ask questions. None of this stuff is rocket science, it just takes a little work on your part. If we can tell that you're actually trying, people will be more than willing to help you out.

You will find that this forum can be very blunt. Be prepared to take some criticism. It is (usually) only done to make you better.
I wrote that for someone wanting a guide for an N64p.

Kasar's guide (the one superben linked to) is as good as you're going to get.

@jd *Can'tSayThisOnTV* yourself.
@superben thanks alot that will suffice
and @vskid3, thank u, i actually appreciate the comment. at least your tryin to help me find my way, unlike that other cocksucker. i get that its up to me im just tryn to get as much striaghtfoward help as i can get. thanks for the advice though

i just find it somehow hypocritical how you say you don't want comments and banalities that implicate that you don't know what you're doing, yet you can't even find documentation by yourself, when their is a specific section which you can't miss, with detailled worklogs and guides made especially for dummies like you.

all i'm saying, in a very cordial manner, is that you shouldn't be surprised when people give you a generic answer to a generic question, and mostly, don't be rude to them.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*life. said:
@jd *Can'tSayThisOnTV* yourself.
@superben thanks alot that will suffice
and @vskid3, thank u, i actually appreciate the comment. at least your tryin to help me find my way, unlike that other cocksucker. i get that its up to me im just tryn to get as much striaghtfoward help as i can get. thanks for the advice though

Haha, you're a dick. Get over yourself, you have no idea what you are doing.

@jd *PLAQUE* yourself.
First off, learn to spell and use grammar correctly here.

Second, don't go picking on J.D., he's just trying to tell you to start with something simpler than a GC. No one is here to make enemies

I can tell you from my experience, if you are unprepared to spend great deals of money, work for countless hours, and ask for help when needed, then this is not, I repeat NOT for you. My first portable was a GC, and honestly it's worse than crap. It runs smooth as a baby's bottom but it just looks worse than crap and I don't even want to post it here because it's the worst I've ever seen. You need lots of patience and skills. Learn to work with cases, because, God knows I would've if I knew that making a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing case was so Dang hard!

I know I'm nowhere near as high or good as anyone on this website; in fact, I may be the worst portablizer here, but if you can't even ask for someone's help without having to saying something like that, then find somewhere else to talk like that. I've met too many people like you in my life, and I DO NOT want to deal with another one now! So either learn to treat people with respect or I'm going to blow a FUSE!!

And for once I actually agree with Beta, you sir are nothing but a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING DICK! Someone who thinks too highly of themselves to admit that they were wrong or to ask for someone's help because they feel that it ruin whatever they are trying to establish
wherever they are and it would make them feel like they can't be accepted here. I haven't been here long but treat people with respect or it WILL have consequences!

@lyberty5 ive learned that know... i literally posted this thread the second i made my account, without looking through the forums, suspecting it was full of people who know 20 times more than i do at this stuff and afraid i wouldnt understand what they were saying. i didnt realize how helpful this site was. so thank you.
@beta , you should stop before you talk, your the one whos acting self righteouss, are you the end all be all of who does and doesnt know what theyre doing? not so sure about that... maybe i was misleading with my original post. i just wanted a guide to help me get my bearings of what the process was like. if i saw how overwhelming it was, id make that decision to not to do it myself. if he replied saying "not to piss you off, but you SHOULD start with an nes, do NOT go for a gamecube first, im trying to help u. instead, he was a dick about it. so you should back off a bit, im sorry if i offended anyone, and i may not be ready for a gc, but i sure as Heck have a grip on what im doing.
@ crazy inventor .... what are u gonna do to me? huh? theres nothing you can do/say thats going to change how i am so dont make "threats" online. that being said, i think i would like to see that gcp. this forum is for that kind of things, to progress, and your saying it yourself, that its to ask for peoples help. as i have learned doing a gcp first is pretty impressive. so congrats to you, i dont know why you have any shame on that accomplishment. but you need to calm down. you say "no one is here to make enemies" then later you say "you are a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing dick." the fck dude?! you need to chill. i dont think highly of myself, i have no clue what im doing. if i had a reason to admit i was wrong, i could admit it. jd went about addressing my question the wrong way; he was a dick about it. sorry to offend him, or you for that matter, but thats how he came off

im here on this forum to get help. why do any of you think im posting in the first place? to ASK. to find my way. if its any consolation, im not starting with gc. sorry if im coming off like im high and mighty. sorry if im coming off like a dick. but if you can be real with me, and straightfoward answer my questions, help me, and give me friendly advice like everyone on this forum says people are SUPPPOSED to do, then im open to your suggestions. if not, id prefer you keep your comments to yourself.

EVERYONE CALM YOUR TITS!

Sure, *Can'tSayThisOnTV*life. is being kind of self-righteous, rude, and ignorant, but s/he's not the only one. J.D. was joking, but honestly, it was unoriginal and easy to misinterpret, and kind of douchey. Lyberty is right, and wasn't an ass about it either. βeta was kind of agreeable, but has been a real *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing dick, especially as of late, and this is a prime example. Crazy Inventor is also right.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*life., you need to calm down and learn to type. Think and search before you post, as this forum can blunt, and sometimes downright rude.

ModRetro, what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* happened? Since when do we chase away people who are a little below our bar? We did it with mesojdm, which resulted in SS leaving, βeta losing adminship, hostility, and various other bad flax, and now we're doing it again?

TL;DR SHUT UP AND CALM THE *Can'tSayThisOnTV* DOWN!

Look. First I'm going to take responsibility here for anything that happens (except for a few things). I was not trying to threaten anyone it's just I've been going through a lot in school right now and frankly I have met people like the one's I've described. So all-and-all I was being a little bit of a dick. But I'd still like to say that personality and attitude mean lots here any in real life. So please, just try not to get so protective about your opinion. I'm sorry for saying that earlier, and I get very defensive with my opinion so I know what it's like to be pissed at someone for something they said.

Again, I'm sorry for saying that. And again, been having a lot going in my life and school and I really just needed a reason to unleash it on someone.

Wait, why are people apologizing? This guy comes in without doing any research, gets some legitimately good advice from JD that was as friendly as anyone could ask for, and then then gets a "*Can'tSayThisOnTV* yourself" as a response.

I am all for treating new people well, but this guy came in acting like a lovely lady, and continues to do so.

On every forum that I am a member of this guy would have been banned just for his username, let alone his attitude and language.

Be a man and apologize. Move on , make a Gamecube portable. Live a good life.

i ask this nicely, please no comments like "start with a nes" or "you shouldnt be starting with a gamecube". i am fully aware what i am getting myself into, thanks in advance.

J.D said:
Start with a NES, you shouldn't be starting with a GameCube. You should be fully aware what you are getting yourself into.

PalmerTech said:
Wait, why are people apologizing? This guy comes in without doing any research, gets some legitimately good advice from JD that was as friendly as anyone could ask for, and then then gets a "*Can'tSayThisOnTV* yourself" as a response.

In the original post, FL seems fairly knowledgeable and respectful, and JD's response was far from nice if you look at the original post.

He did not look knowledgeable at all, he was looking for a step by step guide.

This is backed up by these two very conflicting statements:

i am fully aware what i am getting myself into

i literally posted this thread the second i made my account, without looking through the forums

And like Hail said, even his username is pretty edgy for a forum like this. Aside from that, his whole tirade boils down to "Be nice and courteous to me, or I am going to swear and shout and act like a total dick." If he holds other people to that standard, then he better be willing to abide by it himself.

ProgMetalMan said:
EVERYONE CALM YOUR TITS!

Sure, *PLAQUE'D*. is being kind of self-righteous, rude, and ignorant, but s/he's not the only one. J.D. was joking, but honestly, it was unoriginal and easy to misinterpret, and kind of douchey. Lyberty is right, and wasn't an ass about it either. βeta was kind of agreeable, but has been a real gingivitus-inviting dick, especially as of late, and this is a prime example. Crazy Inventor is also right.

*PLAQUE'D*., you need to calm down and learn to type. Think and search before you post, as this forum can blunt, and sometimes downright rude.

ModRetro, what the *PLAQUE* happened? Since when do we chase away people who are a little below our bar? We did it with mesojdm, which resulted in SS leaving, βeta losing adminship, hostility, and various other bad flax, and now we're doing it again?

TL;DR SHUT UP AND CALM THE *PLAQUE* DOWN!

Im guessing all the censorship is you saying my name lol. Look, im not outwardly trying to be a dick. Its amazing the different types on people this forum, some attack you for your attitude, others honestly want to help you. Even though your calling me a dick and lyberty callede
A dummy, at least your being real with me and being
Polite. So that being said id have to agree with you

@unicycler , thanks for backin me up. I knew i wasnt looking loke an asshole for nothing.

@palmertech. They do seem like conflicting statements however just because i just joined this forum doesnt mean that i have NO prior knowledge on the topic. Think next time before you be
Judgemental

LISTEN. Personally this argument is ridiculous to me. Crazy inventor,
Apology accepted, and i will turn around and give another apology to you all for starting this pointless thread and coming off as an asshole. Everyone should learn to take insults lighter, even me... But in anycase im taking hailraisers advice, applogizing and moving on. Im here on this forum to get help, not to flame.

PS we should leave my name out of this thank you, as i recall in the forums rules it mentions a language filter that can be turned off implying cursing isnt
Necessarily prohibited :)

not to get off topic, just pointing this out to try and help this guy understand why his name is questionable.

PS we should leave my name out of this thank you, as i recall in the forums rules it mentions a language filter that can be turned off implying cursing isnt
Necessarily prohibited :)

Official ModRetro Rules.
5. Do not circumvent the word censor.
- Typing things such as @$$ and the like is not acceptable.
- If people want to read your swearing they can turn the censor off.
- Using ASCII or other methods to circumvent the censor or berate another user is also against this rule.

your not giving people the choice to turn the censor off, your name is seen "as is" with the censor on or off.

(not that I'm one to talk about name's, but Hooker is my real last name, and there's a lot of people with the same last name as me, some famuos / historically renowned people too.)

anyways just clearing up the "Official ModRetro Rules" as most might see it.
hope it help's.

To be fair, the word censor does not work on usernames. We should figure out a way to make it do so.

Oh, Jesus it's happening again.

First of all-I don't understand why someone can name themselves "*Can'tSayThisOnTV*life." on a forum with a hyper-sensitive word censor(Which I LOVE.).

Second of all-I think J.D. was doing his best to be nice while letting *Can'tSayThisOnTV*life know that his goals were set to high, which is something that nearly EVERY newcomer does.

Everything I could say besides what I just said has already been stated by others. And some of what I have said has been said before too, so let's just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back