Fusion Micro(s) ~ Worklog

That, and on my screen I only get half the video and the colors are wrong(although cool, because Luigi's green is purple so it's Waluigi's mansion.)

The wiikey does not support forcing video mode unlike the wode which does. The av chip of a ntsc board does not support pal composite signals that's why the image doesn't look right nor does the resolution. It's the same on pal boards altough they do show the right colours with a ntsc signal. The resolution however will be 480 cropped in a 576 resolution giving you a big black bar on the bottem of the screen and squishing the image.

switching av chip won't work I alreadt tried that. Nor does it work with switching any other components. I tried swapping the av chip and both clock chips and nothing give you proper pal and ntsc signals on one board.

Any of you have other idea's??

The wode is like, gigantic though. I think we'd be better off having Ashen go pester emu_kidid, or everyone collaborating and pestering the wiikey team.

See, we are a bunch of mobo choppin' meatheads, and whenever program no work, we have to go pester someone who can fix it, otherwise we are mostly screwed. XD

SS

I suppose. Luigi's Mansion NTSC works fine on the WODE anyway though. Sucks thats the WODE is twice the size of the wiikey without the driver board though, and twice as expensive...

Some programming language I've never heard of, I think it's called "lmgtfy" or something. Similar to "complicatedas*Can'tSayThisOnTV*."

SS

I'm on it. The compiled DOL binary looks like it is a distribution of assembly compiled with a generic assembler, which is good news. If it has the same method of nesting as standard ASM, you may be able to switch the video mode (possibly to PAL) using the simple interrupt 0x10 (usually used for VGA switching in the bios) and an sti flag ("__asm__ __volatile__ ("sti");" in C). SS, I may need you to do a little bit of testing with your qoob for messing with the bios, but well see how it plays out.

Luigi's Mansion supports 480p, so playing it via component should solve the problem iirc. Of course, that then means you have to use component in your portable. :/

Ok, well until that becomes practical, here's what i've got:

I used a generic disassembler to reverse engineer the Start.dol file from the NTSC Luigi's Mansion iso I had, giving me a hex source tree file (the most basic of basic binary source "code", it looks like this)

6199793174_bafc672ba5_b.jpg

After dinking around in terminal messing with different binary source tree protocols and entry points for the ASM file, I have a successfully disassembled stage-one assembly file of the "Start.dol" binary (it looks like this)

6199793028_111c03e0ba_z.jpg

So what this means is that once I reassemble the stage-one ASM into a full-stage ASM file, I can compare the NTSC file to the PAL file, which should yield the different modes of video switching. I can then reassemble them as a entry point specific (for Luigi's Mansion) patch for the BIOS, have SS test it, and then have someone that is epic at programming GC isos root it to the FS and patch it to the GC via an update or patch iso to be run off of the Wiikey. Heck, Ashen could have the Wiikey team patch it into their firmware update (although I doubt it.)

Anyway, so I don't have to download the stinking 1.4GB PAL iso, can someone provide me the PAL LM Start.dol file? Thanks.

Back