Forum Suggestion Box

$300 would run this site on our current hosting for years. Not a good idea to take a temporary route like that.

I was told that that if I didn't post on the forum, I might be deleted "under suspicion of being a puppet account of a member out to make trouble." Trust me, you don't want me posting on here regularly. I'll just be visiting occasionally. Please don't delete me. Thanks! :)

SS, your sig is hilarious. :p

And yes, it is my mom. I doubt she ever visits again, though, she says this site is boring.

I, Tchay, formally and humbly suggest that we instill a Rewards system (virtual awards). Basically awards based off of achievements/portables/inventions.

It would be a title&emblem that the user would have in their sig/avatar for the month (maybe longer?).

- Creator of the smallest (insert console) portable.
then have a catchy name for the award: remember how Super Smash Bros had all those catchy names for awards that nobody understood their meaning for? Yeah, something like dat :awesome:

- Most N64 Portables Built on record (lol?)
The ShockSlayer Award

- Best overall (insert console) portable (best battery life, best appearance, etc. on a scale of 1 to 10) - this award would require voting. I think these types of rewards would be fun and make people engage the site more because you could have monthly votes for these temporary awards. It would also give an incentive to those of us that take are dear little time :dah:

- Quote of the Month - maybe this is a stupid one, but we could have some fun with it.

- Best Afternoon Project of the Month - another idea

- Most improved Noob of the Month - I stole this idea from my high school football team back in ohio (originally being "most improved player"). You guys could toy with this one to see how it might work. Maybe even just the most improved new hacker? Just another idea

- Best Shoop of the Month - nuff said

- Most GodAwful Shoop of the Month

- Troll of the Month - maybe a REALLY bad idea, but it could be a funny one to have as a joke (or for realz :ninj: )

- Moderator of the Month - seems a little boring, hmmm

- Kinky Moderator of the Month - thats better :awesome:

Can't think of anymore right now, but you get the idea. I know some of these are probably dumb, but its just to get you thinking. I think this would add some more "spice" to the site to make it all the more fun (not that this site isn't already fun, just to add to it is all).

So its up to the mods and Palmer. If you like the idea, great. If not, well then I will go play with my imaginary friends.

Might be funny.

"Best overall (insert console) portable"

I don't think this one will fly though, considering for just about every console there are atleast 2-3 near perfect ones. How about, "Portable of the Month?"

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Might be funny.

"Best overall (insert console) portable"

I don't think this one will fly though, considering for just about every console there are atleast 2-3 near perfect ones. How about, "Portable of the Month?"

SS

Yeah thats a good idea. Or maybe have a 4 month voting poll or something since it takes people a while to finish their portables.

I'll openly admit that this idea is horrible, yet I'd like to see (hear) a ModRetro podcast. Run with that idea if you want. It's less than half baked on my part.

A video or audio file that has jlee SS and palmer discussing modretro related things. Sounds cool.

Back