Forum Suggestion Box

ttsgeb said:
So, something that would be nice to see: an Old News forum of sort... I'm not saying that a finished project stops mattering or anything, but I, like other people hope to see something new when opening the finished projects forum, not topics that are months old being bumped back up from oblivion. I propose a subsection in the Finished Projects section for any thread that has about a month of inactivity on it. It would still be open for contributions, but it would keep old stuff off of the top of the list, which would make me happy and keep the necroflaming down in that section.

ttsgeb said:
Continue adjusting for inflation, make it Forum 51.

These ideas still stand.

Seriously Old News forum. I know I'm not the only person that gets excited to see a new post in the finished projects forum, so let's make it actually be something recent when there is.

Do you know how many old posts that would screw up?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you think those don't get used, you need to read more and ask questions less.

I see :trollface: and :stare: constantly, and none of those go long without getting used somewhere.

Meanwhile, let's build an old news forum.

Modretro Wiki.

If I understand it right there has been a modretro wiki once but that was long before I joined. gc-forever has a great wiki with lots of info.
Each system should have their own page like a normal wikipedia page with an infobar on the right but with more modding related info such as operating voltages, different revisions, number of layers etc.

It would also be easier to see where there isnt that much info so the people who know can contribute

WatsuG said:
Modretro Wiki.

If I understand it right there has been a modretro wiki once but that was long before I joined. gc-forever has a great wiki with lots of info.
Each system should have their own page like a normal wikipedia page with an infobar on the right but with more modding related info such as operating voltages, different revisions, number of layers etc.

It would also be easier to see where there isnt that much info so the people who know can contribute

We did have a wiki, some prick vandalized it and removed everything so yeah, not there anymore.

Well, I think it's actually down for different people at different times due to the way DNS works.
Plus it's hard to have a system that automatically detects when the site is down, and mass PM'ing has only ever been used once (didn't start or end well).

superben51 said:
Not PM. If the site was down, how would you get a PM? :confused: They are two very different things.

Honestly, by the time everyone checked their email, the site would most likely be back up.

Or put something here on the actual http://modretro.com/ other then just the link here.
Like what ever fix / get around there is, or just something saying the dns / site might be down from time to time (or for maintenance) try back later.
So any new people searching for ModRetro will not think the site is closed.

We already have a solution in the works. We'll probably have to bear with the problem for another week or two, but if everything goes as planned the wait should be well worth it.

In the meantime yeah, I'll make the index of modretro.com have both forum urls in case it goes down.

The old Youtube plugin broke. I thought it was being kept around to keep old posts intact or something?

Back