Forum Suggestion Box

I don't know if this has been said before, but could we make Spamalot hideable from "view unread posts?"
Edit, Kinda related: Also, what is this under board preferences?
{ USE_BROWSER }:
{ USE_BROWSER_EXPLAIN }

Would we be able to add the option to view more posts per page? I personally hate hitting next all the time. I always set it to the max on any forum I post on (usually 100 posts).

I have an idea that I think could be useful. You know the general modding skills section? Well, everybody posts their questions in it, and I think it's a bit annoying to be searching for something that could help you out and you keep finding questions. I think we should split it into Generic Modding Skills and Questions.

So, what if we installed a mod which allowed us to thumbs up a post? Y'know, instead of quoting what someone said, and having somebody quote you quote someone else, etc. I think that'd be a little nice.

And really, there's no need to thumbs down a post.

Can we crack down on avatar size? Vertical doesn't bug me so much, but there are three or four that are stretching the table really bad on the horizontal. I'm stuck on an Acer netbook, and it would make a big difference to me.

Tibia said:
Can we crack down on avatar size? Vertical doesn't bug me so much, but there are three or four that are stretching the table really bad on the horizontal. I'm stuck on an Acer netbook, and it would make a big difference to me.

Yea, I've mentioned this before too. Its starting to get really irritating how wide some of them are. At the very least the max width size should be lowered a bit, the current maximum is 250px and there is no avatar that needs to be that wide. A good max size would be about 150px, like the size of SS's current avatar.

Tibia said:

Any thoughts from the staff? This is a big problem for me.

I think 150 wide is a good limit. If certain peoples avatars are just huge, lemme know and I can resize them.

Perhaps we should have a public poll on what the agreed standard should be...

SS

I can live with 150 if it's enforced. Bud's (sorry Bud, it's 150, and right there, great example) is absolutely fine. SS, if there is one that's really bad, should I just PM you rather than post it publicly?

Yea, 150 is perfect. It would be even better if you can move the line over a bit so that the table is the same size for everyone.

Btw, I actually believe you can resize your avatar right from the user CP.

Tibia said:
I can live with 150 if it's enforced. Bud's (sorry Bud, it's 150, and right there, great example) is absolutely fine. SS, if there is one that's really bad, should I just PM you rather than post it publicly?

Go for it.

SS

It would be really nice to have a Facebook page for the website. I was thinking about starting a page for the site myself, but I then thought "It would be EPIC if Palmer and SS managed this page). Think about it. It would be great. It would bring attention to the site and help provide daily updates (especially for me, since I practically LIVE on Facebook). And if you don't feel like managing and keeping the page up to par, let me do it :) I always check MR everyday dedicatedly for updates, and I can keep the FB page up to date. It would really give me something to do during he day and I'd have a way of contributing to he site (I only made one portable, and probably won't make another for a while (Sonic = Broke ). If not, then will You (SS) and Palmer give me permission to start it? Please consider it. I'll make it look EXTRA pretty...pretty AWESOME :awesome:

Sonic4freedom said:
It would be really nice to have a Facebook page for the website. I was thinking about starting a page for the site myself, but I then thought "It would be EPIC if Palmer and SS managed this page). Think about it. It would be great. It would bring attention to the site and help provide daily updates (especially for me, since I practically LIVE on Facebook). And if you don't feel like managing and keeping the page up to par, let me do it :) I always check MR everyday dedicatedly for updates, and I can keep the FB page up to date. It would really give me something to do during he day and I'd have a way of contributing to he site (I only made one portable, and probably won't make another for a while (Sonic = Broke ). If not, then will You (SS) and Palmer give me permission to start it? Please consider it. I'll make it look EXTRA pretty...pretty AWESOME :awesome:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ModRet ... 701?ref=ts

Eh.

Half of us don't have facebook(T_W, SS and I make up half the site), so it would be pointless.

Back