ComiCon 2010 ModRetro meet up!

I'm most likely going to bring along my NOACp or SNESp if it is finished, it would be nice to get some comments in person.

I'm likely to go, but not VERY likely, so put me on the top of maybe to go, depending on if my mom wants to pay $50, which sadly, she might not have.... :(
Is there gonna be a ComiCon '11? If there is, then I'm 98% sure I'd go to that.

loip90876 said:
PalmerTech said:
Well... If you can get a pass to ComiCon, you are welcome. Volunteer registration is closed, and only Thursday and Sunday tickets are left right now. If you want one, you better act fast, they are selling like hotcakes.

I don't have money yet THO, :gonk: , I will TRY to ask my mom for Thurs ticets, just wish they didn't cost $50, I haven't finished my portable yet. How long do you think they'll last?

Tickets are only $17 for Thursday.

Where are you located?

And ComiCon is the worlds largest international comic convention, I assure you it will be there next year.

PalmerTech said:
loip90876 said:
PalmerTech said:
Well... If you can get a pass to ComiCon, you are welcome. Volunteer registration is closed, and only Thursday and Sunday tickets are left right now. If you want one, you better act fast, they are selling like hotcakes.

I don't have money yet THO, :gonk: , I will TRY to ask my mom for Thurs ticets, just wish they didn't cost $50, I haven't finished my portable yet. How long do you think they'll last?

Tickets are only $17 for Thursday.

Where are you located?

And ComiCon is the worlds largest international comic convention, I assure you it will be there next year.
snowpenguin said:
(Isn't loip 11?)

@SnowPenguin Yes, but by then I'll be 12. + age probably won't matter much unless you're like 7 or 70.
@PalmerTech AWESOME!!!!!! OK, put me on most likely to go, :awesome: :), Oh and I live in St. Louis County which is pretty close to St. Louis itself. Why?

loip90876 said:

Well, you seemed concerned with getting $50 for ComiCon tickets, but what you should really be concerned about is actually getting to San Diego. It looks like a 30 hour or so drive, non-stop, from where you are, and a plane ticket is going to cost you several hundred dollars.

PalmerTech said:
loip90876 said:

Well, you seemed concerned with getting $50 for ComiCon tickets, but what you should really be concerned about is actually getting to San Diego. It looks like a 30 hour or so drive, non-stop, from where you are, and a plane ticket is going to cost you several hundred dollars.

I will try to find some cheap flights, might not be luxurious, but at least it would be somethin.
Actually Palmer, the average costs of a flight from STL-San Diego are around $300.
So it won't cost much more than that.

Could I have a link to that? Most of the economy, lowest grade flights out there are at least $150-200, and those are killer deals.

Also, would your parents really let you go on your own? You will probably need a parent to fly out with you.

PalmerTech said:
Could I have a link to that? Most of the economy, lowest grade flights out there are at least $150-200, and those are killer deals.

Also, would your parents really let you go on your own? You will probably need a parent to fly out with you.
Heck no they wouldn't! but even for 2 tickets its bout $600, + I'm gonna be finished with at least 1-3 N64Ps, so put me on most likely to go anyway.
And I couldn't find any flights for July that are $50 :( , but enough portables made equals lot$ of $$$ :) + it would be an older sybling flying with me most likely, 2 of my Sybs are College students, but actually my dad loves comic books, but he would have to be with me if I talk to anyone on Modretro, but anyway, it's still a large possibility of me going, at least 80-95% .

You just edited your post that said you could fly for $50, now it looks like you are correcting me. :-/

You seem very optimistic, but think it is rather unlikely that you will end up going at this point. Try actually getting permission from your parents.

And portables are actually a terrible way to make money. :p The odds of you making and selling 3 N64 portable between now and then is pretty low, even the fastest people like SS do not work THAT fast.

Here is what it will cost you:

Required:
$300+300+$15 checked bag fee=$615
Comicon tickets (including tax): $20+$20=$40
Food: Count on $15 per day, per person. $60 (Assuming you get there, go, and go back the next day)
Hotel: People who are staying all 4 days pay less, but for your share, it would be $15 or 20 per person, so $40.

Optional:
Rental car: $60, if you get a decent deal
Money for stuff at ComiCon: $50?

Basically, you are looking at a bare minimum of $750 dollars, and it could go as high as $800-900. A lot of people are getting a ride with Beta, but you are pretty far out of the way on that trip. Plus, I think the car is full.

Get permission from your parents, then make a portable, I will put you on the list. Until then, it is not realistic to expect you will manage to go.

Portables are a terrible way to make money. I know this from experience.

Only benheck could do it because he has a large name.

SS

:rolleyes: , not just selling portables, but at the same time RS accounts, which, can be worth even more than portables. mine is very high lvled, so I could sell it for: $1000, and at least one good portable would be 200-300 dollars. Someone else sold their RS account for $4k, Mines lower lvled than his, but I have multiple accounts. So, yeah, at least put me on the maybe to go list.

ShockSlayer said:
:rofl:

RUNESCAPE ACCOUNTS?!?!?

:rofl:

Gooooooooooood luck.

SS

Yep, some nerds are so stupid that they will actually pay that much for a runescape account, I know how stupid it sounds, but very, very, very strangly, It's true.
if some rich nerd payed 4k for an RS account, I bet they'res one just as retarded to pay 1k for mine. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :dahroll: :lol:

Oh man, that's genius. I'm going to go to Comicon for the sole purpose of selling runescape accounts and put you out of business because its such a great idea and I know they'll sell out for sure because no one buys accounts online, they need to do it in person. :lol:

Zero said:
Oh man, that's genius. I'm going to go to Comicon for the sole purpose of selling runescape accounts and put you out of business because its such a great idea and I know they'll sell out for sure because no one buys accounts online, they need to do it in person. :lol:

Son of a Sega! That's Genuis! But that's how that one guy made $4k, because he sold it online, + there is a TON of rich nerds who'll pay anything anyway they can for something like RS or WOW! But I don't play WOW, because I would look like a no-life and paying a monthly fee for a game is retarted.

Back