ComiCon 2010 ModRetro meet up!

PalmerTech

Founder of Modretro
Staff member
HOTEL SIGN UP! GO GO GO! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2408

ModRetro is having an official ModRetro party meetup in San Diego CA for ComiCon 2010! We will be renting a hotel room split between all of us, for the duration of ComiCon.

ComiCon is July 22nd through July 25. The hotel will probably be open on the 21st, so we can all get there and settle in, then leave for CC the next morning. We will be checking out on the 25th or the 26th, this is undecided.

Cost will be $5-20 a night for your share of the hotel room, depending on how many people we get. In addition, you need to bring changes of clothes, hygiene stuff, and enough snack food to keep you happy for 4 days. We may instead make a run to a grocery store to buy a group pool of snack foods. Also bring money for in room meals, this will be mostly microwave food, focusing on Hot Pockets. Cost of food TBD. We will probably be eating out for lunch every day, there is a Subway near the convention center than is cheap, expect to spend about $8 including tax for a large Sub, a large Drink, chips, and a cookie.

Plane tickets will cost you an average across the US of $350 for a round trip flight, here, and back both included. You may be a lot more, you may be a lot less. Post your city and state, and I will try and find the best price so you know how much it is.

A 4 day pass is $50 for those under 17, $100 for over 18. They do not check ID, so you may be able to fudge it a little bit, depending on how old you look.

Estimated total cost per person to come here on a plane, eat well at meals and snacks, pay for hotel share, several things bought at comicon, and assorted misc. costs: $520 USD. You can trim this considerably by searching for cheap flights, road tripping, less food, not buying a massive sandwhich every day, etc. The minimum I can imagine a full plane inclusive trip costing is about $300.

PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING FOR SURE:
PalmerTech
Lazer
MeeleeRay
PalmerTech's friend, Chris
Mario

VERY LIKELY TO GO:
ShockSlayer
Basement Modder
Zero
DJ711
Tchay

MAY BE ABLE TO GO:
AfroLH
Jleemero
JD
michealthurston

WANTS TO GO, BUT CANNOT:
Ampersand
snowpenguin
XCVG
plover
Eurddrue
nintendott
nightwheel

DOES NOT WANT TO GO:
Bateria
DNT_2.5

Post if you have questions, comments, ideas, etc. Also, if you want me to check how much it costs for you to fly, ask me. If you want to be added to the list, post. If plans change, I need to know by next June. Otherwise, sign up! Do not sign up as going for sure unless there is a higher than 90% chance of you going, and "probably" needs at least a 75% shot.

Why are you planning so early?

Also, put me on the wants to go but cannot list :dah:

Actually I'll be able to go, given I have the money by then and I am accepted into the community by then :dahroll:

There's a small chance I may be able to go. I'll post later to see if I'm going.

Yea! Like I said in the chat, I'll be 18 so I should be able to go if everything goes well (I'm going to be saying I'm 17 though so I can get a ticket for only $50, so nobody rat me out ::3: ).

Oh, and kyle and jlee are both making shirt designs for us so we can tell who's who and so we can advertise MR as well. :awesome:

I'm considering it, but with limited income and serious lack of social skills will probably hold me back. Actually, I could probably come up with money, but I don't have good results with IRL friends. :oops:

Yes! I live, like, 2 hours from there. :awesome: Only one problem, though. I can't go alone. :confused: My parents won't let me. I'm not sure what adults will be there, will my mom be the only parent there? That'd be kind of weird... :/

My name is Chris, too. :p

Mario said:
will my mom be the only parent there? That'd be kind of weird... :/

If I remember right from what was said in the chat, there will be a couple of people who have to take their dads with them. So there should be other adults there.

Zero said:
Mario said:
will my mom be the only parent there? That'd be kind of weird... :/

If I remember right from what was said in the chat, there will be a couple of people who have to take their dads with them. So there should be other adults there.
Okay, thanks. At least then it won't be so akward. :p

The other Chris is bringing his dad, and AfroLH is prolly bringing his. There will be parents a'plenty. :lol:

Gonna wait for a few more posts, then update the list.

I MIGHT have a parent come, most likely my dad, but thats assuming they don't trust me. :p

If they let me go, chances are I can make it alone.

SS

I'd go, but 95% chance I can't. Parents wouldn't let me go alone I'm sure, they think you're all 50 year old perverts, and who wants to go with parents?

If I do go, I'll bring my mother along.
She can walk around and enjoy all the old characters, and rape all you kiddies at Galaga.

Hey, you forgot to put me on the wants to go but cannot list!

No way I can go, mostly owing to my physical location. Also, definitely not alone. It would be pretty sweet. Maybe you should do live webcam updates every night?

SS can make a webcam hat. That would be so awesome.

Going to this event is semi-realistic for me, so add me to the list to "Maybe can go" or whatever.

Back