Come on people, get to work!

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
This site needs more info. Like, seriously. We need you guys to contribute.

See, the thing is, I've sent a couple people here from various places to get help with portablizing and stuff. They all come back to me, and they say: "Hey, why did you send me there? There's not really any good information there! :( "

Or site REALLY shouldn't consist of just build logs, F47, and the chatroom.

We need more CORE information, such as case making, wiring stuff up, batteries, screens, and stuff that's important!

So come on, people. I know you guys know this stuff, go post it! We are a new age of pioneers! We need to begin writing in our own history book!

SS

And keep in mind, THIS IS NOT A "PORTABLES" SITE.

So try keeping an open mind and make tutorials related to MODDING in general, and not strictly in relation to the construction of "portables".

Argelfraster, making a guide doesn't neccessarily mean doing what crackteria did, you'd be surprised how easy it is to write something simple and teach many people the basics.

Example: Untill my second year of portablizing I did not understand the difference between wiring things in parallel and series. A quick article on that would easily be helpful to beginners, and doesn't take 9000 pictures or 18 paragraphs of text.

SS

Once I get my grade in Spanish up, I will be free to really attack this. You may notice that ours guides and such were rapidly growing till the end of summer. Then school came and...........

Yeah, all we got after that was a bunch of "................".

So don't worry 'bout it too much, we will get there someday! And Hailrazer, thanks for the generous offer. You make nice guides with nice pictures, and it is rare that both are combined in most guides. :dahroll:

I contributed so much to the wiki it's not even funny. Then I realized that the contest was moot, nobody reads the wiki, and that I had better things to do with my time. Maybe I'll reformat some of the guides for forum use and post them.

Our biggest problem is a bit of our paradox. We don't have a lot of members, which makes it harder to do things to attract members.

AH SO SORREH MASSAH, AH WORK HAHDAH. PLEASE FORGIVE ME MASSAH, I DIDN MEAN NO BODY NO HAHM.

Bad news guys. The wiki's been ransacked. Should I bother fixing it or just start reworking the guides into forum guides?

I'd like to say that we need to make sure we do a good job with the stickies here so we can keep track of all these guides without having to sift through the forums.

That's all. :dah:

snowpenguin said:
I'd like to say that we need to make sure we do a good job with the stickies here so we can keep track of all these guides without having to sift through the forums.

You don't deserve a sticky, you fool! :dah: :lol:

ShockSlayer said:
XCVG said:
Bad news guys. The wiki's been ransacked. Should I bother fixing it or just start reworking the guides into forum guides?

Ransacked? It seems fine to me.

SS

Half the articles have been spammed.

Also, I'm going to be doing a guide on the N64. That means power information, AV connection, and of course how to open the Dang thing. It will not include the RGB mod or RCP relocation or anything advanced like that, well not in a lot of depth anyway. Also, a primer on wire.

zeturi said:
snowpenguin said:

You don't deserve a sticky, you fool! :dah: :lol:

Not one sticky per topic, more like one sticky with links to all the guides, robm's created it now.

Back