WOOOT

Screen came in. (Thanks so much Hail!)

Wired it all up.... :gonk:
:cry4:

IT ALL WORKS. (Pics soon)

ANNND MY ZN-45 ARRIVED TODAY YAAAAH!

Putting the controls in now.(pics soon)

Re: Michaelthurston's new N64p

You don't seem to need encouragement, you're getting things done pretty fast. Are you including a d-pad and the L button for your portable?

zeturi said:
You don't seem to need encouragement, you're getting things done pretty fast. Are you including a d-pad and the L button for your portable?

Sure am.

Can't play kirby without it :gonk:

do what I'm doing and put a switch on your portable to change the analog stick function from analog stick to dpad :dah: (the analog controller mod thing)

Michaelthurston said:
zeturi said:

Sure am.

Can't play kirby without it :gonk:
:awesome: Will you also be including the expansion pak? If so, :awesome: for full compatability.
mako321 said:
do what I'm doing and put a switch on your portable to change the analog stick function from analog stick to dpad :dah: (the analog controller mod thing)
:eek: That's also :awesome: . I feel a design change coming in mine.

zeturi said:
mako321 said:
:eek: That's also :awesome: . I feel a design change coming in mine.

Test it first, I've done it before and for some reason it didn't work, figure it out before you build that case.

that would save a lot of time though! I never found a d pad I liked other than psone, ps3, and xbox ones. I have 1 xbox controller, 2 psone controllers, and 2 ps3 controllers. But I need them. and I don't wanna mess around with pcb's from the controller. Analog is win anyways :awesome:

Update:

Front of the Case is all cut and ready for bondo and sanding.

Pics tomorrow.

Alright so I hit a snag, When i wired up my screen the first time, everything ran perfectly; But now after I trimmed the board down, it wont give off video from the n64...all it does is flicker on and off when the n64 is turned on. and it isnt the n64, as it still shows video on the TV.

Update; It still won't show video, from wall power either. It is giving off video(I can mess with the brightness+volume buttons) But like I said, either way it will not take video from the n64.

I have no clue why, because all I trimmed was ground.

The batts are fully charged, I just dont get it...

halp?

did you set the n64 on a metal surface when trimming it?(I think my n64 might not work either at this point)

You could always try solder video to the alternate points on the back of the screen's pcb.

Meh; bad Mobo on that one.

Had an Extra; works, needed to be LED backlit as the boards backlight didnt work.

During the LED mod...I cracked the LCD... :facepalm: It works, though. Just need a new LCD..

untitled3.jpg

Progress still though, no?

I can probably sell you a working lcd(I think it works at least)(nothing borked on it) you got a copy of starfox 64 you're willing to part with?(and/or maybe an official exp pak)
I'm guessing that's a...zenith screen?(blue board)

Mako I dont even have 1 copy of SF64, it was stolen from my house.

The best I can do is paypal.

how about just shipping and it's yours?(and maybe 5 bucks) :dahroll:

Back