Abstract 64 Revival

Thursty

SS's Preferred Refreshment
Hey, Decided to open a WIP thread for my new portable.

It will use a ZN-45 casing, 7400 maH Li-ion Batteries, and a 5" Zenith screen.
So far I have:
N64's(Rev 4!)
Batteries
Screen(In the mail)
Casing

Batteries: Good
Screens killed: 2
N64's Fried: 3
Case: 40%

Progress:
Opened N64
Tested it
Ran N64 off Batteries
Cartslot relocation DONE IT WORKS :D
First Screen did not work
Wired Controller
Broke LCD on 2nd Screen
Painted Case
Relocated Expansion port on Controller
Finished it
Repainted it for Someone, It died.
Was sad.
Was going to sell it.
Started fixing it for buyer.

Now finishing the Case, and awaiting the Screen. :awesomethursty:

Re: Michaelthurston's new N64p

UPDATE

Cartslot Relocation pics! ::3:

Photo11211246_1.jpg

It works!

Photo11211246.jpg

nice! (if only you sent me that n64 instead of the one with none of the ports attached :wtf: )

mako321 said:
nice! (if only you sent me that n64 instead of the one with none of the ports attached :wtf: )

That N64 is from Drue, dude. :rofl:

I just got it.

I will be replying to this thread only to say that Paper Mario is the best game in the entire world.

Paper Mario is the best game in the entire world.
:dah:

Nice progress. You are gonna have a thick portable with those batteries, but depending on how you place them, they can probably not be a problem. :)

PalmerTech said:
Nice progress. You are gonna have a thick portable with those batteries, but depending on how you place them, they can probably not be a problem. :)
Actually those are the batteries I used in my moonlight 64, with the right placement they're not too bad.

Hmmm Update.

Whenever I move the "ribbon" cable for the relocation, it sometimes goes off, sometimes doesn't.

It wont work unless I have it a certain way. But its not the connections at the board, or the cartslot itself.

Could it be the IDE cable I used? Meh It works in the way I need it to, so thats all that matters.

Most likely you have a stray wire or two that "shorts" out a pin nearby. Use a magnifying glass and check for loose stray strands.

hailrazer said:
snowpenguin said:
hailrazer said:
Now relocate that expansion pack. :p

But why? It's a ZN-45...
Cuz I want to see his amazing soldering skills you dumb cold blooded penguin.

I Love Soldering, I'll probably do it.

and SP the only reason I got a ZN-45 and not a 40 is because I like it to be thicker.

I do not like a smaller case as It does not feel comfortable in my hands.

and thanks Hail :dah:

*laughs at the dumb cold blooded penguin* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good job with the cart slot relocation. That's one thing I do not look forward to.

it's more fun than it looks.
I just hope my soldering skillz are burd enough to rewire the exp pack. Maybe I'll try what bentomo tried/failed at. Especially that I just got myself 15m of 30awg wire!

bentomo said:
PalmerTech said:
Actually those are the batteries I used in my moonlight 64, with the right placement they're not too bad.
Palmer phail! :rofl: They will work just fine in a ZN-45. How do I know you ask? Cause I've almost done it :dahroll: (Now if the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing NOAC would work. :wtf: )

Back