3DS at CES

Procrastinated much too long and when I checked yesterday, it seems like both Gamestop and Target stopped taking pre-orders. :p

Oh well, guess I'll have to go there when it opens and hope they actually have some.

Just got back from getting my 3DS. :awesome:

I hadn't pre-ordered it, but I wanted to see if I could score one at midnight. Apparently both Best Buy and Gamestop had long lines, so I decided to try out Wal-Mart, not expecting much. Well, I got there at 11:55 AM and there was only one other person waiting in front of me, and one guy and his friend who showed up after me, so I was able to completely avoid the crazy lines. I've been messing it around with it since at a friend's house with a few buddies, and holy flax is it awesome. To be honest, the 3D itself was never a big selling point for me and more of a bonus, but after actually using it, I am very very impressed. My eyes didn't get tired at all, nor did I get any headaches, and the effects looked great. The built-in games and applications are really great and much better than I expected. So much so, that I haven't even started the cartridge yet because I was having so much fun using the built-in stuff with friends. I'll give a more in depth analysis and answer any questions anyone may have later, but for now I'm off to play around with it some more. I definitely recommend it to everyone if you have enough money.

The Walmart and Bestbuy near me both say they have it in stock (according to their websites). Not planning on getting one any time soon, though. I have my Nook Color to keep me occupied for now.

I got one on launch day! I got it here in Colorado while on a trip, and I was the first person to buy one at their Gamestop, at 2 in the afternoon. Not many gamers here. :p

I am sure they do well with normal games and stuff, even normal people play Halo. :p Just not very many people on the cutting edge, I guess.

Which gamestop did you go to? Some of em around here are complete and totally failures at getting customers.

I didn't really want a 3DS a week ago or so, but today I decided that I kinda wanted one. So I went to Target after school and bought one :trollface: They had a lot of them. Just got SSFIV. I lurv it. It was a good decision.

Though I don't consider 3D a killer feature and I'm not interested in most of the top 3DS games, I do find it somewhat intriguing. I know a lot of people who preordered or are buying 3DSes, so maybe I'll be able to try one.

Twilight Wolf said:
I envy you rich people and your ability to drop $300 just because "(you) decided (you) kinda wanted one." :stare:

Poor people like me did that with a DSi once.

Sometimes, you know, it just feels good to do that.

SS

Twilight Wolf said:
I envy you rich people and your ability to drop $300 just because "(you) decided (you) kinda wanted one." :stare:

I've been working 4 paper routes since 5th or 6th grade at $200 a week. I never spent any money until very recently.

Holy flax TW stop saying you are poor every two seconds. $200 a week is not rich, and he may have to pay taxes on that, as well as pay for gas.

Back