3DS at CES

Zero said:
D.J said:
It will be 250 at launch, I will pass.

Considering some were saying it was going to be $300, this is great news.
Yeah, but that is nearing console price. I will get mine in July when I dont have to pay for it

Being the hardcore nintendo lover that I am I'm going to reserve it and pick it up at launch.

Unfortunately it comes out 27 (so 28 for gamestop) So I have to pick it up after mgc, so much for playing it on the trip. :wtf:

D.J said:
Yeah, but that is nearing console price. I will get mine in July when I dont have to pay for it

Eh, what? The price isn't really all that ground breaking. The PSP was $250 when it came out, and I still bought my first PSP at launch, along with 200,000 other people.

You realize people were paying double this for PS3's and Xbox 360's a few years ago? This device, while not nearly as powerful, is much more groundbreaking, and it's looking like it will finally offer a console experience on a portable system. I'm in.

Edit: in EU it turns out to about $310. I'd say $250 isnt too bad for the US.

Zero said:
D.J said:

Eh, what? The price isn't really all that ground breaking. The PSP was $250 when it came out, and I still bought my first PSP at launch, along with 200,000 other people.
Yeah, I'll get it. But I will wait for one.

Zero said:
D.J said:

Which is probably why everyone owned a DS and nobody owned a PSP for years. :neutral2:

Groundbreaking? Games aren't of any interest to me or any other normal teenage CODfag (I like MW, deal with it). 3D is cool, but failed every other time it's been tried (Virtual Boy, Master System 3D attachment, every 3D system for PC prior to nVidia's current solution). I'll reserve judgment on that until I can try a demo. The price tag is high, not massive but pretty high for a handheld, and Nintendo has probably gone even further to prevent homebrew piracy.

Do I think it's cool? Yes. Am I going to run out and drop $250+ for one on launch day? No. Especially with Sandy Bridge out now.

I'm a broken record, though, so I'll leave it at that.

Twilight Wolf said:
Zero said:

Which is probably why everyone owned a DS and nobody owned a PSP for years. :neutral2:

Honestly, I think even if the price wasn't a factor, the DS would have still outsold the PSP. I would hardly say "nobody owned a PSP" though, I saw them all the time.

XCVG:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

If someone can't find SOMETHING that interests them in that list, they probably either have bad taste in games or only play FPSs (in which case handhelds aren't for them anyway).

Some interest me, but they are not the killer titles that everyone is talking about. I think it comes down to price. I would buy a 3DS it it were half the price and it was hacked. In addition, I've been generally unimpressed with Nintendo of late, and not particularly enthusiastic towards giving them my money.

bentomo said:
Being the hardcore nintendo lover that I am I'm going to reserve it and pick it up at launch.

Unfortunately it comes out 27 (so 28 for gamestop) So I have to pick it up after mgc, so much for playing it on the trip. :wtf:

That sucks. I'm getting it on the 26 (I work at a game store) *PLINK* the PSP2 Nintendo owns all!!!!!!!!!*

*exceptions: GTA, Red dead, Halo, and HD gaming.

PSP2 interests me more, actually. The games that have been announced and ones that will probably come out for PSP seem better to me. I don't really like most of Nintendo's first-party and exclusive games, and that's a big part of the 3DS right there.

It's a moot point, though, since I won't be able to afford either one in the near future.

I'm really excited for the PSP2/NGP as well, but lets not kid ourselves here. Not much at all has been announced for it except Uncharted, LBP, Killzone, and vague untitled projects. The 3DS actually has a really impressive list of games in development (in development, not launch titles), and has more 3rd party support than I've seen in a Nintendo system in a while. Go look at the list of games in development if you don't believe me (and yes, a large portion of the games were announced back when the 3DS was, so its not even related to the fact the NGP was just announced).

This was a problem with the first PSP, and Sony really needs to get developers aboard as soon as possible. The NGP is a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing beast, and it'd be a shame if it doesn't live out its true potential.

Yeah there are a bunch of Launch titles, but the only one that caught my eye, and that i'm gonna buy is "Super Street Fighter IV." That game is going to rape. :awesome: I'd really like to see a version of Red Dead on one or both of these things. That would be amazing!

I needed to get a handheld system, and I was thinking of getting the DSI XL, but I went ahead and preordered the 3DS. I didn't preorder any games with it though, I wanna wait and see for that.

Eh, I wimped out and bought a DSI XL/LL. Mega sized screens for the win. DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS FOR THE WIN.

Back