3DS at CES

Yeah, I was never really into street fighter but when I got The game it is Awesome!!! Put your friend code in the friend code thread and add me please :)

Twilight Wolf said:
I envy you rich people and your ability to drop $300 just because "(you) decided (you) kinda wanted one." :stare:
J.D said:
Okay dude, really? Every other post is about you being poor. It's getting really annoying now
:trollface:

Seriously though, $250 ain't all that much. Not sure about everyone else, but I know at least Palmer, Toast, and myself used our own money. We aren't rich; its called earning money in the real world, where $250 isn't too bad at all. Besides, I'm lovin this so much, its worth every penny and more.

Also, Palmer and Toast, hurry the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up and add your friend codes to the FC thread.

ToastBucket said:
Twilight Wolf said:
I envy you rich people and your ability to drop $300 just because "(you) decided (you) kinda wanted one." :stare:

I've been working 4 paper routes since 5th or 6th grade at $200 a week. I never spent any money until very recently.

Whoops. It's actually $200 a month :sweat: But seriously. For 5-6 years of that building up.

Twilight Wolf said:
You make $200 a week. You're rich. :gonk:
BAWWWWW!!!
I decided to join the Army and start making something of my life (note, this is not required to make something of your life, and I won't recommend it, I don't know anyone here well enough to do that). I make about $1600 a month before taxes. You know how much free time I have? At most a couple hours a night and the weekends. Being poor sucks, but making decent money and having no time to spend it isn't that great either.
I see that you've played on Steam for 46 hours in the last 2 weeks. I spend at least that much time every week in a classroom for training. So you can complain all you want about other people being rich, you have no excuse (that I know of). A part-time job's worth of time playing games could easily be put toward finding and working a job. I've been in the same position as you, no job, not doing much, but I didn't complain, because I knew it was my own fault.

I bought mine because I sold my nicest head mounted display for $1250 for spare cash, and I spent only $500 on it several years ago, so spending a tiny bit of extra cash on something like this is justifiable, especially since I have loved 3D for years.

And SS, why would I? :p Tons of pics out there.

And Vskid, way to lay the smackdown! :awesome: The thing in TW's case is that he is too young to reliably find a job, especially in a town as small as his. I think there might even be adults in his family unable to find a job, so I am not going to rip on him too much.

PalmerTech said:
And Vskid, way to lay the smackdown! :awesome: The thing in TW's case is that he is too young to reliably find a job, especially in a town as small as his. I think there might even be adults in his family unable to find a job, so I am not going to rip on him too much.
Still, having that much freetime and being "poor" sure has its perks. Probably seems like it sucks most of the time, but having a job is the same way (which is how most people become "rich").

I think I'm getting old and just hate the world. Palmer can attest to that. Get off my lawn.

PalmerTech said:

Pretty sure he's 17, and I'm not sure about Reno, but at least here its not too hard to get a job as a 17 year old if you apply yourself. Besides, you can always get a job as a temp. Pretty decent pay and flexible hours at the cost of job security, which I'd say is perfect for teenagers.

I also just got a job back in January and I work about 17 hours a week for about $200 every two weeks...so I saved a bit since then and then went and blew $400 on all this 3DS flax last Sunday :p

So some kid at my school had one of these today.

It was a birthday gift to him, and it was about to die, but I had a chance to play with it for a minute or two.

I'm almost considering selling my Wii laptop for one.

Except, then skyward sword...or OoT 3DS.

FML

With the games coming out for this thing in the next few months, it is totally worth it. It's sooooo neeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat.

Buy the 3DS now, worry about Skyward Sword later.

Or you can use Dolphin if your PC is good enough.

I'm dying here with it's serious lack of good games. I ordered Lego Star Wars III, which was probably a mistake. But I just want to try it out something fresh and there's no Nintendo franchises to play :gonk:

ToastBucket said:
I'm dying here with it's serious lack of good games. I ordered Lego Star Wars III, which was probably a mistake. But I just want to try it out something fresh and there's no Nintendo franchises to play :gonk:
Return that and get shadow wars.

Bush said:
ToastBucket said:

no.

ToastBucket said:
Bush said:
ToastBucket said:

no.

The Lego Star Wars game is actually really solid if you're a fan of it on any other console. It's not challenging really at all but it's pretty interesting to collect everything. (I'm only on the beginning of level 3)

ToastBucket said:

What about PilotWings? 100% first party Nintendo franchise title, developed in house. Great game, I am playing it currently.

Back