Zelda gaming talk open for discussion and awaiting comments

Re: Zelda gaming talk open for discussion and awaiting comme

Pretty sure you could always do them in whatever order you wanted to, if you knew where to go. Same for some other temples, iirc. I'm pretty sure you could do the Water temple before the Fire temple for example.

Zero said:
Pretty sure you could always do them in whatever order you wanted to, if you knew where to go. Same for some other temples, iirc. I'm pretty sure you could do the Water temple before the Fire temple for example.
I think there were some tricks people had to use to complete temples out of order.

I know for sure sprit/shadow and fire/water could be done "out of order" without glitches or tricks. The others might require some kind of glitch.

Actually this "out of order" temples for OOT is rather interesting and raises questions on what can or cannot be done without tricks or glitches, but legitlty.

Hum, I'm thinking maybe playing through OOT again just to try out a "out of order" temples run to see what can be done etc.

This gives me more reason to starting playing OOT again, whiter it's 3DS version or on the Gamecube version.

Can't wait to see what I find, maybe I'll make a video on my findings etc.

Who knows? Maybe some Zelda's have a more non linear gameplay than we thought possible?

I for one have always done the Spirit temple before the Shadow Temple. I couldn't tell you why, either; as I know you need to have the hover boots for a puzzle or two in the adult version of the Spirit temple. For some reason I would always go to get the hover boots, beat the spirit temple, and then do the shadow temple.

well other than playing majoras mask the only related zelda information i got is my painting of link is finished :D
9b8cd7fb0c8eb9a2676a6ae9dddcba46.jpg

like i said in my thread i didnt work on this alone. so dont give me all credit guys ;)

wallydawg said:
Link Between Worlds is so good omg

The only complaint I have is that it was too short. :D

Smeagle said:
well other than playing majoras mask the only related zelda information i got is my painting of link is finished :D

like i said in my thread i didnt work on this alone. so dont give me all credit guys ;)

Nice painting, smeagle!
I really like it a lot,
Um did you paint link on canvas or paper?
Also, how did you draw on canvas with a pencil?
I want to make a painting of Kyrie Iiloins from sands of destrution on canvas, but I'm having trouble sketching his figure on the canvas board, any help?

Also, are you an art major? I'm and it's awesome :)
I'm doing figure drawing in college now.

Ashen said:
wallydawg said:

I thought the game was too short too, there's hero mode, but it's the same game but harder (expect the diffrent dungeon route choice, I guess).

Link between worlds was an awesome sequel to the 1991 ALTP and awesome for the 3ds :)

Gamerlolwind said:
Smeagle said:

Nice painting, smeagle!
I really like it a lot,
Um did you paint link on canvas or paper?
Also, how did you draw on canvas with a pencil?
I want to make a painting of Kyrie Iiloins from sands of destrution on canvas, but I'm having trouble sketching his figure on the canvas board, any help?

Also, are you an art major? I'm and it's awesome :)
I'm doing figure drawing in college now.

Ashen said:
wallydawg said:

I thought the game was too short too, there's hero mode, but it's the same game but harder (expect the diffrent dungeon route choice, I guess).

Link between worlds was an awesome sequel to the 1991 ALTP and awesome for the 3ds :)
lol thanks man, no im still in high school after finishing this year i'll have one more year to go. i use mechanical pencils when i sketch (i doubt it makes a difference with wooden pencils, etc.) but this was done on a 11X14 sized canvas. basically i do a light sketch with pencil so i can see how im doing and easily fix any errors i get (crooked lines, too big/short, etc). and once of course im happy with my full sketch i simply go over it really dark and afterwards my partner took over and painted is. id help you with that if you needed some, but i suck with paint and doubt you need some :) and as for a link between worlds..i wanna play that! just dont have a 3ds :cry:

This is a good thread to admit that I don't like any Zelda game's story except for Majora's Mask.

Pretty much all of them have the same flaxty story.

*cough* They're also problematic from a feminist standpoint. *cough*

Oops.

AfroLH said:
This is a good thread to admit that I don't like any Zelda game's story except for Majora's Mask.

Pretty much all of them have the same flax story.

*cough* They're also problematic from a feminist standpoint. *cough*

Oops.
i guess youre partially right. some games have stories to them that make sense, but one big thing to point out there is like you said majoras mask is good lol but no that boss is only in that game unlike ganondorf, vatti. but i guess id say skyward sword is terrible and shouldn't have been in the series (just my opinion so dont go yelling at me if you like that game). but the point is not every game has the same story, but perhaps the same objective XD

Burn in Heck. Both of you.

It's just like call of duty, same thing except a little different each time, majora's mask is one exception, BUT there is another, 4 swords (the gamecube one, not the ds one). sure zelda gets kidnapped, but the gameplay is very unique.

Ashen said:
Burn in Heck. Both of you.

That's not to discount the quality of the games. In fact, a lot of Zelda games are Dang near perfect (LttP, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time). And Nintendo has an obvious focus of gameplay over story, so I'm not gonna fault them for having shoddy stories.

But people who worship the stories in the games need to take off the rose-tinted glasses.

I was pretty sure that was how you meant it.

I was just kidding, just in case that wasn't clear enough.

:D

Zelda has a storyline?

Honestly I like LTTP, it's a great game but yeah the 'story' is lol-worthy for the most case with Zelda, although I like it when story takes the backseat to gameplay.

i guess not a story mainly, but the timeline nintendo provided doesnt make sense imo. for instance how could ss be first? for one thing link from OOT was the original hero (claimed in a lot of games: twilight princess, wind waker) also, i dont remember these so called "loft wings" ever to be mentioned in any game. uhm whatelse...anyways these are things ive been told about from people =/

Nintendo did have some sort of story in mind, but i've not been able to figure it out completely but here's what i got so far.

It really starts in the first zelda where she is kidnapped by gannondorf and link saves her. years later in link's adventure, the same thing happens. Then in the future sometime (the zelda future, not relative to 2014) the snes zelda happens (i've never played it so no clue there) then it all really starts with Ocarina of Time where gannon tries to steal the triforce and he takes control of hyrule for several years when link is missing, but he then, again, has to save zelda (a future zelda, all of these games take place years away) and defeats gannon and gannon is locked in some sort of dimension thing. Then link becomes young again and then travels to where majora's mask takes place and does his thing there. Then in the future, link is reincarnated and the events of twilight princess take place (twilight princess is before wind waker in the timeline :confused: ) and then skyward sword takes place (but nobody knows what the Heck is going on there) and then somehow hyrule is flooded and then wind waker takes place, then phantom hourglass. some of the games aren't included because nintendo can't make it clear enough. (I mean spirit tracks, what is going on there?)

holy crap that's a lot. and now i'm very confused.

Everything is wrong in that post.
Starting with referring to TLoZ's antagonist as "Gannondorf."

Back