Starting Gamecube Portable - Help w/ Wasp/Swiss

Hello. I'm getting ready to start a gamecube Portable project and I'm having trouble finding information on getting started. Most or the threads I find are from people who already know their stuff and talk in technical jargon I don't know yet. I have done a wii laptop before, so I do have knowledge of the kidding world, just not specifically for the gamecube.

I'm trying to get info on the wasp/Swiss for loading games from an SD card. I found a website with the megadrive v5, and I'm comfortable soldering it, but the option for the drive replacement isn't available anymore. I dont really know what the drive replacement is but I'm assuming the drive replacement is what Swiss is loaded on? Oh, and I don't really know what Swiss is either, but I'm assuming its the software to load games lol Does anyone know of a place that still sells the drive replacement, or if not, than an alternative option for loading games?

Also, if anyone knows of a "getting started" for modding the gamecube that I missed, please let me know. And as far as the whole "Gamecube mods are obsolete because of the ease of Wii mods" discussion, I know. But I have a gamecube sitting at home that isn't being used and it is begging me to tear it apart and make it something new, so there you have it lol

Edit: My apologies, I should have put this in the questions forum, if a mod can move this I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
First off, what site is this you are getting the megadrive v5 from? If you are looking at badassconsoles, DO NOT BUY. If you buy from badassconsoles, you will probably never see your product and you will just be short a lot of cash. And it is pretty hard to find a wasp fusion since they are not made anymore. They are also very expensive nowadays. So, unless you want to pay an additional 60 dollars to do something that a 5 dollar wii does natively, I would do some more research into wii portables.

There is not really a "getting started" section, but just do a lot of reading. You will learn a lot that way.

First off, what site is this you are getting the megadrive v5 from? If you are looking at badassconsoles, DO NOT BUY. If you buy from badassconsoles, you will probably never see your product and you will just be short a lot of cash. And it is pretty hard to find a wasp fusion since they are not made anymore. They are also very expensive nowadays. So, unless you want to pay an additional 60 dollars to do something that a 5 dollar wii does natively, I would do some more research into wii portables.

There is not really a "getting started" section, but just do a lot of reading. You will learn a lot that way.
Yep, that's the one. Thanks for the heads up, didn't realize they weren't shipping those anymore thanks for the reply, I think I may just keep the drive intact. Won't be as compact, but it'll still be fun.

Badass Consoles isn't a scam website. I have to check with the owner to see what happened there.

Tell that to all the people I know who have bought from them and never got any of their products a year and a half later

Back