Zelda gaming talk open for discussion and awaiting comments

Gamerlolwind

Hay guys,
What's up?
Your wondering why I'm making a topic on zelda gaming?
Recently the last some days, I've been playing lots of zelda games,

I recently started a fresh play through of zelda ii for gba, and serious this time about bearing the game, as I got very stuck at the beginning of it due to it's difficulty and system. But now I payed it again and after many hours of gaining exp for attack, life, magic etc I finally beat parpa temple!
And now I'm playing it much better than ever (finally after a long time).

Also, one thing, link only talks in zelda ii ever at the part where he finds a mirror under the table at a town, he doesn't talk at all except for this instance.

I also noticed that in all three endings of the separate paths after ocarina of time spilt in hyrule historia timeline, at the end games (zelda II/four swords adventures/spirit tracks)

Link gets zelda, what I mean is that after a long timeline of epic, long struggle he finally at the end, gets the girl. Right?

If you look at the ending for sprit tracks, link and zelda in the Cutscene hold hands, which implies that they trust each other and there's some romance between them?
(Through Nintendo in many zelda games keeps this idea of link and zelda relationship at a standard)

Only the 1990's zelda I carton makes explicit use of the link x zelda relation with link always saying, "kiss me princess" etc and the fact that he can talk (through unpleasant as it is).

Also, the idea that link after loosing his childhood in oot goes back in time, at the events of MM to relive his lost childhood, which if you consider MM's events it is a twisted, psychological, disturbed one, eh? I mean the deku shrub curse that skull kid inflicted on link? And how when link becomes a deku shrub after the song of healing cure, the animation when becoming a deku shrub is freaky.

The new squeal to ALTP is interesting, A Link Between worlds. it's a new zelda game with the drawing/painting concept :)
Which is awesome, it allows you to use a new skill to get passed many obstacles, and eleimtantes the jumping or roc's feather from past games.

Also, renting or buying items from ravio's shop is cool, but when you die it sucks as you have to go back to ravio and get said item again.

I love how a link between worlds is extremely non linear, allowing you got literally got to any dungeon/temple at any order you want without affecting story.

Sweet!
Also, the ALBW master sword kinda looks like the master sword from wind Waker?

Is ALBW downloadable from the eshop? Or only from 3dscard? I mean will the game be avalable to buy on shop? *yes, it will be available for download from shop, duh! silly me for thinking otherwise!

Re: Zelda gaming talk open for discussion and awaiting comme

Gamerlolwind said:
I recently started a fresh play through of zelda ii for gba, and serious this time about bearing the game, as I got very stuck at the beginning of it due to it's difficulty and system. But now I payed it again and after many hours of gaining exp for attack, life, magic etc I finally beat parpa temple!
And now I'm playing it much better than ever (finally after a long time).

Also, one thing, link only talks in zelda ii ever at the part where he finds a mirror under the table at a town, he doesn't talk at all except for this instance.
I got to the three-eye rock palace, but got stuck. I have to go through this game again.

Link actually has three lines in this game. In Old Kasuto, while reading the sign, he says, "TOWN OF KASUTO... STRANGE, IT SEEMS DESERTED." In hidden Kasuto, he says "LOOKS LIKE I CAN GET IN THE FIREPLACE" in the magician's house.

Gamerlolwind said:
Also, the idea that link after loosing his childhood in oot goes back in time, at the events of MM to relive his lost childhood, which if you consider MM's events it is a twisted, psychological, disturbed one, eh? I mean the deku shrub curse that skull kid inflicted on link? And how when link becomes a deku shrub after the song of healing cure, the animation when becoming a deku shrub is freaky.
There's a new game theory episode suggesting that Link is actually dead in Majora's Mask.

Wasn't the "Link is dead in Majora's Mask" theory something that was thrown around ages ago? Like, it's definitely not a new concept.

Probably, but I never said that it was a new concept

It was heavily implied.

there's already an OoT timeline that involves a dead Link, do we really need another?

I reject that explanation and replace it with the timeline you abandon when you go from adult Link to child Link during the course of OoT.
You have to do that to beat the game, right?

ProgMetalMan said:
I reject that explanation and replace it with the timeline you abandon when you go from adult Link to child Link during the course of OoT.
You have to do that to beat the game, right?
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.

Its not a timeline. Its a possibility line. Created to appease fans that needed some sort of structure to the story. It pisses me off that people call it a timeline. :/

Ashen said:
Its not a timeline. Its a possibility line. Created to appease fans that needed some sort of structure to the story. It pisses me off that people call it a timeline. :/
timetree?

ITT: People trying to actually make sense of the Zelda timeline

It stops becoming a possibility tree with the correct time travel-based explanations, and my point was that one could argue that, during the course of OoT, Link has to travel back to childhood at least once. Therefore, he has abandoned the timeline that you were playing in, allowing Ganondorf to grow stronger, making it as if Link had died. So, all the three timelines can coexist unlike in the official possibility tree.

Do you mean the spirit temple? Iirc the spirit temple is the only part after you become adult link that the game forces you to become child link again. That's the only way I can even begin to rationalize the three-line thing.

Hay guys, thanx for the comments, it's so very interesting to see different viewpoints on zelda.
:).

@prog, I saw the video about link being dead in MM. I found it interesting to say,
I never thought of mm as being a dead game, lol. So, if we take game theory's take on link being dead in mm but awaiting passage to the afterlife, then he failed in his quest to stop ganondorf in OOT and is seeing ead people etc in a dead world where everything doesn't actually exist and is an illusion like link's awakening where at the end of the game link learns that kolint island and such was not real and just a dream. The way gt puts it, it's like as if mm isn't real etheir?

It's a sequel to oot as stated in the opening sentence, and it has the same graphics, characters and engine as oot.

I also like how Nintendo puts small game references to new zelda games in the recent ones,
Like in OOT 3D they put a drawing of link with a loft wing from skyward sword in the wall of gerudo fortress, and as a teaser to the next new zelda game, and this was long before skyward released, eh?

Maybe, the same for mm mask in link's house in a link between worlds? Maybe nintendo is hinting that their next new zelda game will be mm on 3ds? Maybe, I'm just making a guess.

I love the defeated structure tree, it is awesome how link dies and the rest in that structure comes about to be. With zelda ii being last.

Also, the gap in between zelda mm and zelda twilight princess?

What's your favourate structure split of the three? I love the adult one as it has ww and ph and st.

Also, child and defeated are awesome.

The era of the goddess hyila is represented in the skyward sword manga in Hyrule Historia,
But how would a zelda game biased on it be? Awesome I think. As it would show hyila and the hero's descendent (skyward link's ancestor), as he was an oldest link?

Zero said:
Do you mean the spirit temple? Iirc the spirit temple is the only part after you become adult link that the game forces you to become child link again. That's the only way I can even begin to rationalize the three-line thing.
Yeah that's it. I've never gotten through the whole game.

Also, after watching this video, I would like to bring your attention to this comment:
epicpolyphony said:
Ok, I was with you up to the 36J calculation...but then you start talking about how the moon, which you JUST showed has a relatively tiny mass, having a massive impact on the planet as it got closer. >_< Now, you are indeed correct if we were talking about a more massive celestial body, but that tiny baby moon? Uhmm, no. Of course, all of the effects would be there, but the magnitude of them would be so diminished that they would likely be hardly noticeable by the average person.

Also, when discussing the massive impact a hypothetical moon would have by shifting it's orbit, you forgot to mention it's changes to the planet's atmosphere. As the moon got closer, it would tug on the atmosphere as well, leading to thinner air... Seriously, has no one watched Melancholia? shm.

Hay guys, I have a question,
Some time ago I read on the zelda wiki that you can go to the spirit temple first, finish it and then go to the shadow temple in OOT,

How possible is this?
The game doesn't block/prevent you from going to the spirit temple first, finishing it and then going to the shadow temple and completing it last?

Also, what about impa stating at the end of the shadow temple that you "must" hurry to Zelda's aid? Does that mean that impa's temple is the last one before you fight ganondorf?

That confused me a lot, but never gave it much thought until recently when reading what zelda wiki has stated in the spirit temple info page.

Any thoughts on this, guys?

Back