Wii U Price Drop/ WW bundle

Zero

ModRetro Legend
Administrator
So there's been a lot of discussion about the 2DS, so it kinda stole the spotlight from this, but on Sept. 20th Nintendo will release a Wind Waker HD Bundle that includes the game, a Wii U Deluxe, and a custom Zelda themed Wii U gamepad. In addition, they're also going to be pricing this bundle (and future Deluxe consoles) at $299, a $50 price cut. I'm going to assume they will also be discontinuing the white basic Wii U, but I don't think they've said that flat out.

Thoughts?

I think it was a necessary move for them if they want to not only actually get people buying Wii Us, but compete with the upcoming PS4/XB1 launches. I'm not sure how much it will change things for them, but I do know at least a couple of people who are actually considering buying Wii Us now when this comes out.

906cI0v.jpg

If I had some money, I would consider buying this bundle. I am liking the look of the controller there, do you know if the actual console have any design on it?

That gamepad is just too sexy for words.

But keep in mind you don't get a physical copy of either the game or the book that comes with it. Not a deal breaker for me or anyone I know, but still a con in my book.

I really wish it came with a physical copy of WindWaker and Hyrule Historia. ... And that it were coming out later when I'd actually have money to buy it. Also, the base console could use a Zelda theme, not just the gamepad.

On the plus side you still get the game 2 weeks before it hits retail stores. I guess you could also just sell the included download code and use that to buy the physical version when it comes out.

Back