The Nintendo Arcade Entertainment System

Nintendott

Nintendo for EVAR!
Im going to start with my second project while im waiting for some pices for my first project.(GCp)
An Arcadeish NES/SNES system! I have no idea how this will turn out but il give it a shot.

PICTURES :

Supid drawing.
cimg2382r.jpg

I`m going to cut the plate where the blue line goes.
cimg2380.jpg

cimg2381.jpg

cimg2392.jpg

cimg2393.jpg

More pics will come soon.

cimg2387v.jpg

cimg2388.jpg

cimg2391.jpg

I like comments ;)

Your sample control layout is garbage if it NES/SNES. You will need a stick, start and select, and six buttons. How you arrange the buttons is up to you. Also, keep controller ports because some games suck when played with an arcade stick, though it's not so bad on a NES or SNES.

Also, is it a Retro Duo inside?

Most arcade machines have angled screens. Unless you're only 5 feet tall, you don't want the screen to be perpendicular to the ground.

XCVG said:
Your sample control layout is garbage if it NES/SNES. You will need a stick, start and select, and six buttons. How you arrange the buttons is up to you. Also, keep controller ports because some games suck when played with an arcade stick, though it's not so bad on a NES or SNES.

Also, is it a Retro Duo inside?

One more thing, im going to use a computer`s keyboard arrows instead of a D-pad.

The System is going to have a Controller input and an AV input.

XCVG said:
D-pad? Lame.

Other than that, cool.
Nintendott said:
OOOOOPS!

i meant instead of a D-pad.
! :p

No, I meant that I think that keys on an arcade machine is lame. Get a joystick, seriously. Get a crap TV game and salvage one from that if you are cheap. Otherwise, BUY SEIMITSU HAMBURGER! (anyone remember that?)

snowpenguin said:
Ohai, I give you $10 for Les Paul? Yes? We have deal?

Looks good, hope to see some electronics soon. :cool:

LOLz no way :lol:
It`s my dad`s. He is adicted to play and BUY guitars. :eek:

Since you noticed it was a Les Paul, do ya play guitar ? :neutral2:

Here are some more pictures. I have completed the backside of the system/thing/object/
The outside.
cimg2392.jpg

I won`t get my Retro Duo Before the 18th so it won`t be much pictures with the electronics :cry:.
Well i can always instal the tv after i have painted it ;) Hm... Maby before.
The inside.

The inside
cimg2393.jpg

If you're using a TV, you really don't need to do much wiring besides the controller. Since it's an arcade machine, it'll be plugged into the wall, and since the screen is a TV, you just need to hook up the A/V plugs, and hot glue them in place, or something.

All you'll really need to wire are the buttons/joystick, and have something inside it so that the TV turns on when you turn on the RetroDuo. I suggest having a power strip, plugging the RetroDuo and the TV into the power strip, and then having a switch on the side of the machine that turns the power switch on. Then you can keep the TV and the RetroDuo set to ON all the time, and they'll turn on with the power strip.

Nintendott said:
snowpenguin said:

I attempt to play, but I really suck at it. :dah:

I like guitars though, and I have a les paul myself, but it was much cheaper.

snowpenguin said:
Nintendott said:
snowpenguin said:

I attempt to play, but I really suck at it. :dah:

I like guitars though, and I have a les paul myself, but it was much cheaper.

Hey ! How do you know that your Les Paul is cheaper ?

This one costs 3200$ How much did you pay ?

Back