The JD50MLXD TFT 5" LCD Screen Review + VGA info

Re: The GD50MLXD TFT 5" LCD Screen Review + VGA info

Heya Megalomaniac! Welcome to Modretro, thanks for posting that info here!

Thanks Ashen..
but guess what, the welcome was your 666th post.
must be a sign :evil2:

ashen666post.jpg

So would this screen be able to accept component from a PS2 ?

So, I can confirm now beyond a shadow of a doubt that these screens support 15khz VGA.

Its also worth noting that they've changed the driver boards for these screens. Not for the better either.

Note:
This LCD module GD50MLXD have been replaced by new baord versions GD567M03-GTI050TN22,Pls check the link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/50 ... s.html,The most significant difference concerns we add 180 degrees image inversion funtion into the new version,
and the demension of new driver board is smaller than GD50MLXD.while all other parameters are as same as GD50MLXD.

Yea, now with the revised driver boards the screen requires 9+v to work properly. I can get it to run from 7.5v but initially when you turn the screen on it will flicker in and out for over a minute each time before it finally stays on. In VGA input mode the screen will now auto adjust itself every time there is a resolution/picture change. Very annoying for PS2 games.

I bought the 5.6" model this time and had planned to use it in my PS2 project. Its advertised as a 640x480 resolution screen. In actuality the 5.6" models are 800x600 screens and they will not scale a 640x480 image properly in VGA mode. I get black bars all the way around the edges of the screen on all sides in PS2 games. :/

Also, it seems these boards do not like sync splitters.

I found out that shipping on these puppies are 37 dollars. Does that sound right?

And also, would it be more beneficial to get the older model (GD50MLXD) over the newer ones, if the changes are that bad? The seller told me that she has 8 units left of the older one, but I thought the smaller board would be better.

I really like the quality of these screens and how well documented it's become, but I'm not sure it's worth ~$100 for good quality. Was the VGA mod (particularly for GCN) ever compared on a PSone screen?

Well, that shipping is via UPS international priority, so its gonna be very fast.

Didn't think about that. Think I could request slower shipping, then?

Back