SLGC - ShockSlayer's SL-68p GCp: Worklog

Experienced a few problems wiring up the cube, got through it. Made a sd card adapter out of the madcatz card. After rewiring it up twice I got it to load swiss.

IPL revision 1.0

a1fa0d157a917ab9289f1dac8281c6d8.jpg

Thankfully, my guardian angel Zeturi was there when I discovered this, and, seeing my woe, is sending me a new cube, which is most likely IPL 1.1 based on the following.

Okay, some things I noticed: after ripping the heatsink off of my old board I was able to see the revision. It was CPU-11. My new board was CPU-11. The old board, when booted with disc cover "open," had "purple" cubes for the question mark. The new board has "pink" cubes for the question mark. Only difference is the IPL and the color of the cubes.

I think the color of the cubes can tell you the IPL, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that that can be used to identify it, but maybe that was for regions...this one is definitely NTSC though.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
I think the color of the cubes can tell you the IPL, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that that can be used to identify it, but maybe that was for regions...this one is definitely NTSC though.

SS

I am getting pink cubes on my PAL cube, with IPL 1.0, so I don't think it's region.

Hmm.

By the way, I read a thread on GCforever by Ashen about swapping chips to change the IPL, I tried it with the two board above, no dice, didn't get it to boot. put the original chip back, it booted right back up, but it whined about the clock so yeah, emu_kidid was right about having the rtc in it.

SS

Do you have any examples or evidence that it's not the screen? How do you know you haven't explained this yet?

at the end of the day i have the same screen i am also able to swap between the screen and a tv, and get the same color on tv as my screen therfor i know that if he says its the color he claims it to be then it is that color

Yeah, I checked it on my TV and it was that same pink. I'll try to get some pics, but seeing as how I only have my IPL 1.0 cube right now, that'll have to wait. We'll get some real side-by-side evidence for cross examination. You can take my word for it though, I always check to make sure it's not silly things like the screen, that's one of my rules.

SS

Okay, I actually got some work done today, lots of measuring, writing, marking, etc.

Gonna just hold out on actually updating until Episode 7 comes out, but I'm documenting things as I go, so keep an eye out.

SS

Objection!
Not that question mark. The one that you get after actually selecting the disc screen, the one that turns into "press start"

SS

Back