SLGC - ShockSlayer's SL-68p GCp: Worklog

I got my mouser components and my wiikey fusion today.

Expect great things tonight, except I might not be able to do anything because I have to work on my car, it has electrical problems.

SS

hidiosoman said:
I have had three 4.3" screens and my friend had two.

Out of all of them, I have only gotten one to turn on and function perfectly at 5v and haven't tried any lower voltages. I ran a 12v adapter to a 7805 and used a multimeter to double check.

I haven't tried any lower voltages, though, as 5v is the bare minimum for the 7.4v pack that I was using.

Just thought I'd add that....
All three of mine (same one SS has) worked perfectly on 5v. During my tests I played a 1p game of SSB.

I also tested the amperage of all the screens and the one that worked on 5v consumed the least (upper 200mAh-lower 300mAh at 8.4v)

The other ones had horrible resolution, too, and only one other 4.3" had controls but still didn't look as good.

Can I have a link to the seller or screen that you bought? I just want to make sure I don't get another crap one although that was a long time ago and maybe all the crap ones are off ebay now.

Hey SS, hope things worked out. I had/have to go to bed. Hopefully you'll post a video and things'll be running awesomely.

I am super excite to announce that after wiring up the wiikey, and after several hours of it working fine but not loading games, I successfully went to sleep. I then woke up, and was told by Ashen to check my region switches, and after thinking I had them right I obviously had them wrong! Made them right, GAME LOADS FIRST TRY.

Lots of squeeing and cursing at my own stupid mistakes later, I am typing this post. I will make a demonstration video after I get some 4:00 in the afternoon breakfast and a shower, BUT I AM VERY HAPPY!

SS

EDIT: Now that I can load up melee to test, I have noticed that I don't seem to have stereo sound, I don't think it's the amp, I think it's the gamecube, I am not really sure if I wired up the audio out pins correctly, probably not, I'll have to look into that.

SS

Episode 6!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlWnMrha_Q

BTW, my balisong cameos in this episode.

(This may sound redundant from my last post, but I want to keep everything in "update by update" form, y'know?)
Got my mouser parts, so wired up my audio amp. After shorting out my GC a couple times with bad potentiometers, I had sound! I have found that I need to check my stereo wiring, think I accidentally traced out two right channels instead of 1 left and 1 right, fixing that later.

Got my wiikey too, wired up the breakout board and was able to load to the game select screen, no button presses or anything. Upgraded firmware and that autoloading went away, have to use the button now. It's totally cool though, I actually prefer loading to the GC iOS, so I can see the clock, meaning the battery works. :p Anyways, couldn't get games to load(I could select them but upon reboot I'd get a "cant read disc" error), tried everything troubleshooting to no avail. Sent Ashen a PM, he told me to check my region switches. I messed around with them a lot during my trouble shooting, but I was under the wrong assumption for the correct way to have them switched for USA. Fixed that, games boot up like a charm. :D

Pictures of everything:

IMG_6358.jpg

The amp itself

IMG_6359.jpg

With speakers

IMG_6365.jpg

Current pot

IMG_6344.jpg

The Wiikey fusion!

IMG_6346.jpg

Wired to the board(ZOMFG HOT GLUE OMGWTFBBQ)
Fun fact: I only hotglued here because I managed to burn the plastic coating on some of the wires when I was soldering on others, so I did this only to prevent shorts, had I not burned the wires I wouldn't have used hotglue.

IMG_6353.jpg

The breakout board wiring. Photobucket needs to stop rotating my Dang images.

I AM VERY HAPPY!

SS

Apparently my stereo wiring is fine, I just confused SSBM's sound test with another sound test. >.> I did a real sound test with mplayer, using audacity and an mp3.

Also, my memory card seems to be corrupting every once and awhile. :gonk:

SS

Got my cells from zeturi today, thanks man. <3
7.4v 5000mah and they fit side by side in my case ::3:

I get 1 hour and 45 minutes of playtime, which is really, really good for a battery pack of this size. Gonna run and time them again but with a multimeter this time so I can properly set the low battery indicator, although zet sent along one of those battery space bar's which are pretty cool.

SS

Nice SS. No problems with that screen cutting out early? I still haven't gotten around to testing with batterys.

A Dang fine diagram it is.

Based off of the one I made:

WIIKEYFUSIONtoGCDDDIAGRAM.png

Naturally this all means that now that I've figured out this Wiikey Fusion thing, and now that we have an awesome diagram to go by, I will be making a complete guide on how to wire up the wiikey fusion, for idiots. IN GRATUITOUS SHOCKSLAYER FORMAT.

SS

Ashen said:
Those diagrams look great! Beta, the only thing you might want to denote is that the region setting you have pictured is for NTSC motherboards, people in PAL regions and elsewhere will have to set those switches differently. Instructions of how to do so for other regions can be found here: http://www.wiikey.com/en/support/wiikey ... tallation/

I wouldn't use that webpage for my life, I know at least that USA is WRONG.

SS

Back