SLGC - ShockSlayer's SL-68p GCp: Worklog

ShockSlayer said:
Ashen said:
Those diagrams look great! Beta, the only thing you might want to denote is that the region setting you have pictured is for NTSC motherboards, people in PAL regions and elsewhere will have to set those switches differently. Instructions of how to do so for other regions can be found here: http://www.wiikey.com/en/support/wiikey ... tallation/

I wouldn't use that webpage for my life, I know at least that USA is WRONG.

SS
SS that's the original wiikey sight. And the usa switch is correct, it's what I used on my wiikey. Did you have the picture upside down or something?

Hrmm.

Capture2.jpg
Capture-5.jpg

If its not showing you that for USA then maybe your flash plugin is borked or something. Official Wiikey site has always worked for me.

Now that I stare at it, I realize that the reason I think it's wrong is because the drawing tricks me. Site's right, it's just not drawn to scale or colored appropriately.

BETA NEEDS TO REDRAW THE WEBSITE

ShockSlayer said:
Open the site, click USA, compare with this:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/ ... G_6344.jpg

This is how my switches are.
This is the only way my wiikey loads isos.

http://www.wiidrivekey.co.uk/wiikey_fus ... _guide.php
This site supports me.

SS
Actually that site looks the same as the wiikey site, maybe your flash display is broken.

Maybe the switch on your wiikey has just been acting funky.

Or maybe your wiikey is such an early revision that the switch is different.

ShockSlayer said:
Now that I stare at it, I realize that the reason I think it's wrong is because the drawing tricks me. Site's right, it's just not drawn to scale or colored appropriately.

BETA NEEDS TO REDRAW THE WEBSITE

MY FAN CAME IN TODAY.

SS

I am having memory card issues, first neither of them worked, then only one of them worked, and now I think only slot a works, and slot b shows a "object inserted cannot be used" message. Took off the ports, nothing, wires, nothing. I removed the transistors and cut the traces and I am still getting that message. I haven't the slightest idea why and nothing seems to be out of order. Both cards work on my ZNWii.

FFFFF

I'm probably just going to get another cube if I can, I think I've put this one through too much and my winning streak was coming to an end anyways.

SS

I think probably having both the SD Gecko and Memcard inserted on your B slot could have been an issue... maybe... I'd try just one or the other next time. Conflicting data and such cant be good for the cube or the cards. Just sayin. :D

If your slot A works, then good.

I noticed way back when i was doing tests on different revisions that even when I got slot A to work, slot B often kept its error screen (all this happens on some boards after removing the transistors and what not). CPU-11 and CPU-10 to be specific. Not sure about CPU-30. I think 30 is a good revision, from what Ashen has told me.

Now NONE of this should be happening if you board is a CPU-20. If I remember right, CPU-20 boards never have any issues with trimming. They are pretty much the best revision board you can get.

You could also try putting in a memory card anyway. Then try formatting the memory card and trying to put it in slot B. Try having it in already before turning it on. Play with the cube with little things like this.

Ashen said:
I think probably having both the SD Gecko and Memcard inserted on your B slot could have been an issue... maybe... I'd try just one or the other next time. Conflicting data and such cant be good for the cube or the cards. Just sayin. :D

Perhaps, I had it on slot A though. :/ I am going to try to see about getting some more memory cards(cheap or not) and actually making an SD "gecko" instead of just wiring it up directly to the slot.

Tchay said:
If your slot A works, then good.

I noticed way back when i was doing tests on different revisions that even when I got slot A to work, slot B often kept its error screen (all this happens on some boards after removing the transistors and what not). CPU-11 and CPU-10 to be specific. Not sure about CPU-30. I think 30 is a good revision, from what Ashen has told me.

Now NONE of this should be happening if you board is a CPU-20. If I remember right, CPU-20 boards never have any issues with trimming. They are pretty much the best revision board you can get.

You could also try putting in a memory card anyway. Then try formatting the memory card and trying to put it in slot B. Try having it in already before turning it on. Play with the cube with little things like this.

I don't even know my board revision, whereabouts do you find it? I will try those things, although I have to solder to the vias now, shouldn't be too bad.

The good news is that I'm basically at a point where a dead board would not hamper my progress, I am at the case and controller stage, and I have a ZNWii to test with and case doesn't require the mobo to work, so I can continue working even if I have to get a new cube.

SS

It will be printed on the motherboard right below the "Gecko" chip (the smaller of the big chips). Below the chip if you have the board positioned that way.

It will say "DOL-CPU-##" with the numbers being the revision type. NOTE, this doesn't necessarily tell you the IPL revision. But it can help you to know if it will work with the Wiikey fusion or not.

CPU-10 boards WILL NOT WORK. So don't waste your time with them.

CPU-11 boards will USUALLY work, but its not a guarantee. (sometimes memory card issues, but slot A usually works)

CPU-20 boards will ALWAYS work and never have memory card issues.

CPU-30 boards need more testing. But Ashen is fairly certain they work with the wiikey fusion.

any other number will only appear on Rev C boards (built in power regulator). Which we don't know how to slim yet.

Is there any correlation between revisions and board version? I know none of them are Rev C, but are some for Rev A and some for B?

Revision A and B boards are actually exactly the same as far as we are concerned. Revision B boards are missing the serial debug port on the bottom of the GC. But all the circuitry on the motherboard is actually still there. Nintendo just didn't solder the connector on. Which we generally remove anyway.

Also. Its safe to say any revision board DOL-CPU-20 and above will have at least a v1.1 IPL and will be 100% Wiikey Fusion compatible.

I think the only DOL-CPU-11 boards with a v1.0 IPL are japanese GC's. All the USA DOL-CPU-11's I've come across so far have been IPL v1.1

Aight, going out to get me a new cube in an hour or two.

I had a thought: Should I do another timelapse for my SLGC's casework?

After I measure everything and mark it, it's just straight action from there. Would be fun to not livestream working and then just make an awesome video afterwards.

SS

Back