Wii/N64 console design questions

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I've got some experience soldiering small components and a little bit of modding (installed an RGH mod on my Xbox 360), but I've recently been exposed to the whole console hacking scene by stumbling across Ben Heck's videos.

The first project I'm looking to do is combine a Wii and an N64 into a single console. I'd like it to have a common power cable and a common A/V cable.

My questions are as follows:
1. In what way can I provide power to both consoles via a single power cable?

2. Are there any other considerations/things I need to know before undertaking combining these consoles?

Last edited:
First off, N64 emulators on the wii are terrible. The only ones that work are the games nobody wants to play.

Second, you cannot just plug an N64 usb controller into the wii and expect it to work. For all I know, you might buy the magic one that just works, but I have never seen a N64 wii emulator run with a usb controller.

It is worse to steer somebody in the wrong direction than to not say anything at all.

First off, N64 emulators on the wii are terrible. The only ones that work are the games nobody wants to play.

Second, you cannot just plug an N64 usb controller into the wii and expect it to work. For all I know, you might buy the magic one that just works, but I have never seen a N64 wii emulator run with a usb controller.

It is worse to steer somebody in the wrong direction than to not say anything at all.

I don't think you're understanding. I'm planning to stuff both an N64 and a Wii motherboard into the same case while preserving all controller inputs from both consoles (4xN64 and 4xGameCube), the cartridge slot, disc drive, power buttons for both consoles, N64 reset, Wii eject, Wii controller sync etc while consoliding power in and A/V out for both consoles. There will be a switch between the consoles to controle which receives power and A/V output. I've got the wiring figured out thanks to some dudes on bitbuilt. I just need to buy a voltage regulator for the 3.3v line on the N64 and I can get it all hooked up. The case will take some brainstorming.

Back