Nes-P Advanced Completed

First, post some pictures and write about it a bit instead of linking to an overly long not-so-great video.

Not to be a jerk here, but I can't honestly look at it and say "good job". When I saw ZN-45 I thought it would be a real NES inside (you can fit one in with not a lot of trimming) but no, it's a Yobo. It also has a tiny 2.5" screen. That kind of hardware could easily be fit in a much smaller case. The radioshack controls are ugly and look really awkward to use. It's ugly and has things sticking out. It looks like you used AA batteries to power the thing. And why the Heck do you need three switches to turn it on?

So I'm sorry, but the best thing I can say about your portable is that it actually works.

XCVG, why are you such an ass?

He made a portable, and you've made...... what have you made again? So where do you go about dissing it, and calling it ugly etc?

Shut the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up, seriously.

Good job on your first one! I've been modding for about 2 years, and I haven't made anything yet. I'm too much of a perfectionist on everything. (Just gotta trim that motherboard a tiny bit more, gotta try to use just a little bit over the recommended voltage, gotta try to use the smallest cases available.... And I utterly fail because my skills have not matured enough yet. XD :gonk: )

What system do you think you'll be starting next?

snowpenguin said:
XCVG, why are you such an ass?

He made a portable, and you've made...... what have you made again? So where do you go about dissing it, and calling it ugly etc?

Shut the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up, seriously.

I've made lots of flax, and the reason YAP64 isn't done is because I'm too OCD about the thing. I have batteries, a screen, a mobo and a controller, but the screen isn't quite right, the batteries don't have the right protection circuit, etc. And you're right, I was a bit of an ass, but I'm always the jerk who points out the flaws. It annoys IRL people a lot.

That's not 'a bit of an ass.' This guy puts a ton of work into a portable and posts it here to get some compliments on it etc., and the only thing you say is "it's ugly".

XCVG said:
And you're right, I was a bit of an ass, but I'm always the jerk who points out the flaws. It annoys IRL people a lot.

So stop doing it ? Do to others as you want done to you and all that.

Makes you more likeable and have more friends and things.

Here's how you can word it .

"Congrats on getting one built. Looks like it works good and fits your needs. Now on your second one you can try to fit a bigger screen in there. And maybe integrate a controller because buttons from a regular controller are better and more comfortable than the Radio Shack buttons.
But good job on getting one built, that's accomplishing a lot more than most people can do :) "

See compliment twice and then give constructive criticism. Works for parenting and for employees and even on forums :)

zeturi said:
Good job on your first one! I've been modding for about 2 years, and I haven't made anything yet. I'm too much of a perfectionist on everything. (Just gotta trim that motherboard a tiny bit more, gotta try to use just a little bit over the recommended voltage, gotta try to use the smallest cases available.... And I utterly fail because my skills have not matured enough yet. XD :gonk: )

What system do you think you'll be starting next?
Same here, but with less OCD, less skills and less time modding. :)
Bionicomander, any constructive criticism I had to offer has been given, be it in constructive fashion or not. Good job and I hope to see you make more portables.

3dssawesome.png

I like the radioshack buttons for action buttons, but an original dpad would have worked better. Perhaps superglue one on top of the ratshack buttons...? It would probably feel better.

Gah, XCVG, what is your deal? That's ridiculous.

Are you afraid of new members or something? Afraid of possible future contributions to the site?

You're a joke.

It's fine for a first portable.

Great job!

Look forward to seeing more.

Also, added to the NES megasticky.

Yeah man. Great work Bionicomander. Chill out XCVG, that was pretty rude of you to act like that. It's not easy work doing a portable, and who cares about your OCD, he actually did it, so lets give him the praise that he deserves.

Yeah, I admit what I said was mean, and I'm sorry. I still hold that it could be a LOT better, though.

Back