Devil's Portable PS2 (with video)

Worklog: http://www.bacman.co.uk/bacforum/viewto ... =18&t=1350

Youtube video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDzRPB2GFQ

Hey people. Final update on this project. IT IS DONE!!! After approximately 2 years of procrastinating eating sugary cereals and going to school i finally completed it.

Features:
-Modded lazer doodle case
-5 inch psone screen hooked up with RGB
-5400ma 11.1v Battery
-Headphone jack
-Option to use wall power
-Player 2 port
-Memory card 1 port (in case anyone wants to play psone games)
-internal memory card wired to port 2
-DISC DRIVE (i wish more people would make portables with disc drives)

aside from that there is an A/V out port which is a little screwy. The sound works fine but the composite signal is very messy and needs to be adjusted (something i will do at a later time). PICTURES!!!!

nmgu.jpg

i6xq.jpg

xch8.jpg

That is awesome, especially the disc drive, i agree, people need more disc drives. you added all of the features that people never do, like wall power and a 2nd player port.
This is just my opinion, but it looks hard to hold, is it?

Hay devil, nice ps2p you made there! :awesome:
It's awesome, I love the colour you used, and the casing is sweet.

Also, I saw your video today on youtube, very nice work, man :)
I remember your n64 portable video with the zelda oot and donkey Kong gameplay that was awesome too :).

Um, on the ps2 you can also use USB too with Free MCboot to play games from USB.
But DVD is good too.

Also, Final fantasy x is awesome, it was my first game on the ps2 and the sole reason for getting a ps2 back in 2009.

The ps2 has many good games besides ffx, like kingdom hearts (1,2 and re chain of memories), final fantasy xii, castlevania games, jak series, tales of abyss, sonic etc.

I heard that the vita port of ffx might be canceled or something, as no news of release date for it is appearing etc.
but as classic as I'm, prefer the ps2 games of ffx and ffx2 :).

I know a lot of people like booting from usb but based on what i read i heard that there are frame skips which is why i decided to go with the disc drive.

Final Fantasy X is actually my favorite game of all time. It was a huge motivator when i was building the console.

I doubt they are canceling the vita port. its easy to assume that square enix has already invested heavily into production because they released gameplay videos and they rewrote the entire soundtrack just for the re-release. Canceling it would be a big mistake from a business perspective. Either way, i wont have to buy it because i can already play ffX on the go :)

hi im very interested in these thing and would like to buy it if its still available or if you got any new ones

Back