MASSIVE GROUP BUY '09

Glad you guys pulled through! I hope you have the heart to resell some of this at low, low prices. ;)

To be honest, Harshboy ought to be banned for this act of douchery. You do know all he's going to do now is rob us of our money for these consoles, right? >_>

Caredo said:
To be honest, Harshboy ought to be banned for this act of douchery. You do know all he's going to do now is rob us of our money for these consoles, right? >_>
Hey, he didn't break any laws or rules, nothing bannable about it. In the end if he does sell, he'll lose the money he makes in time spent shipping.

eurddrue said:
Caredo said:
Hey, he didn't break any laws or rules, nothing bannable about it. In the end if he does sell, he'll lose the money he makes in time spent shipping.
Something about what he's doing pisses me off greatly. Apologies if the "banning" bit doesn't settle well for you.

He just bought something off ebay that somebody posted a link to on the forums. Just because this hasn't happened at ModRetro before doesn't mean it hasn't happened countless times at benheck. Hopefully, he will sell them back to people here at reasonable prices.

He has stated he only wants some of it, he will probably resell a good chunk. Even if they are not at $4 a piece prices, he takes the risk, and the liberty of testing them all.

I am fine with this, in my book.

Listen guys, no one is getting banned off this. What just happened is an effect of something called capitalism. Its business and its not personal. Maybe he will mark up the prices on the items when he resells them, but as Palmer noted, he will also be testing them so he takes the gamble out of the equation. I suggest we not make a big deal out of this and try to keep hostility to a minimum. We do have a rule requiring you treat other posters with respect, so if you don't have nice things to say, I suggest not posting them.

It's totally fair, everyone. All we can do is hope that he is kind about it and doesn't charge us more than 10 dollars per console, as he got them for less than half that each.

I figured if I acted like I bought them, you all would freak out and be pissed.

Some other person ruined our plans! Oh well, me and Adam are bidding on his other stuff. I guess having money really does mean you're in control.

Back