Good, small WKF button

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
You know, one of these:

4.jpg

Has a "common" pin and "normally closed" and "normally open" pins?

My local radioshack doesn't have anything good, and tearing apart junk(usually computer mice) always yields mixed results. Anyone know of a part number or something that I could find on digikey or mouser or places like that? Ideally it would be as small as possible.

SS

For my gamecube portable, I programmed a pic so that way I can use a normal tact switch. I havent tested the chip, but in theory it should work. It just keeps pin 28 connected to ground until the button is pressed and it disconnects the wire for a sec.

Nope just ground. It's not hard to make the code for it. With all those atmega's you have, I'm sure you could easily make one that incorporated 1.9v into it.

maybe this will show how small these are.

this is to show how I took the picture > my phone (Galaxy SIII) + magnifying glass
been using this method since I had a dumbphone

Look how close and clear it is.

bugman said:
For my gamecube portable, I programmed a pic so that way I can use a normal tact switch. I havent tested the chip, but in theory it should work. It just keeps pin 28 connected to ground until the button is pressed and it disconnects the wire for a sec.

could you program this PIC to also automatically press the button after a certain amount time after boot, but leave the tact switch for manual operation if the PIC misses the timing?

Diminuendo said:
bugman said:

could you program this PIC to also automatically press the button after a certain amount time after boot, but leave the tact switch for manual operation if the PIC misses the timing?

Yep.

Back