Search results

1. ojmanyeah

Wii usb loader gx problems

So I have one of the first model wiis and had usb loader gx installed. Everything was working fine until I put in Metroid other M and wasn't thinking and the game needed an update. So I updated it and now usb loader will not run at all and it has a code dump right as it loads from the wii menu...
  2. ojmanyeah

Moving from softmodded wii to wii u

So I have modded my Wii with the homebrew channel and such. I mostly use it just to play backups of my games so that i can take it over to my friends house without having to carry around all my games. Also it has just come to my attention that gamecube backups are now for the most part playable...
  3. ojmanyeah

Vcr head scroll wheel

So I finally decided to get to work on a vcr head scroll wheel. I wanted to do this because there was minimal soldering to do and I thought it would be a good starting place. Here is essentially what I want to do http://www.instructables.com/id/Spinner-Jog-Wheel-Inside-of-a-VCR-Head/?ALLSTEPS...
  4. ojmanyeah

What should I do with a broken vcr?

My parents wanted me to try to get their vcr to work but it has finally bit the dust. I opened up the case and there's a bunch of lights, switches and other stuff in it. As someone with no soldering experience what should I do with all this stuff in it? Or should I just trash it?
  5. ojmanyeah

ModRetro 2013 Campaign

I propose as a new goal that we as a forum can start at the turn of the year is to introduce and bring more people into the ModRetro family. We can even include this to the ShockSlayer Forums. This is probably the best forum I have ever been on, the members have always been kind and there is...
  6. ojmanyeah

Garage Door Opener Mod

So my friend wants me to figure out how I could get him and all his employees to access the garage door at their shop with an iphone app. He wants it to be on the cheap without replacing any of their openers. What I was thinking was that I could get an app that sends a line of code or whatever...
  7. ojmanyeah

Driver issue

So I have had this issue with my laptop video card for a while. Around when Blacklight Retribution came out I updated my video driver because Blacklight told me they were old. I updated and was fine for a while but then I tried to play minecraft and OpenGL wouldn't work. So I looked at the...
  8. ojmanyeah

Wii classic controller to pc

So I can get my classic controller working easily with my computer via bluetooth but I was wondering it was possible to get the controller to act like a 360 pad. That way I can use a controller for all of my games and not have to configure different controls for each game. Anyone know if there...
  9. ojmanyeah

99gamers

Anybody check this site out? http://99gamers.com/ It's a place where actual people go to trade games, not to a business or organization. It's kinda cool. I was an early supporter so I got some of their credits for free and got ssx tricky out of it. Prices are more reasonable, but you have to...
  10. ojmanyeah

Soldering Iron Suggestion

So I am going to attempt to fix my friend's broken ds. The top lcd is busted from him throwing it across the room so it looks like a somewhat simple fix. The only problem that I have come to is the 4 contact points I will have to desolder and then resolder for the speakers. I'm not going to be...
  11. ojmanyeah

What should I do with this?

So I was given this really terrible "laptop". I wasn't entirely sure what to do with it, I was thinking get linux on it and go from there but I don't think it even has storage on it except from ram. Suggestions and general insults of this piece of junk are welcome.
  12. ojmanyeah

Why Linux?

I've been thinking about trying out linux in some form but I just don't see the reason to use it. Can anyone tell me why I should use it? I'm gonna have to keep windows for now so I can keep my games though.
  13. ojmanyeah

GBA Flash Carts

So I'm looking for a flash cart that will also let me extract the rom from my games onto my computer. I would rather rip everthing myself than download the roms from a site(I don't like to pirate things). What would be the best cart that I could find on say amazon or somewhere else similar?
  14. ojmanyeah

Driver help needed

I hate to do this but this is the only place where I feel just about everyone has the knowledge to help. So for my laptop I have a Mobility Radeon HD 4570 card. I did some random thing to update the card(I forget how exactly it happened) and now I'm stuck with this crap 4500/5100 generic driver...
  15. ojmanyeah

Wii U Cube?

So after looking at the new wii u controller for a long while I had a thought strike me. Wouldn't the wii u controller be the best case for a gamecube portable? It is built to have the space for the screen and already has all the controller ports placed. The only problem I see is that the...
  16. ojmanyeah

Rebuilding gamecube library

So I'm getting a bunch of the old gamecube games that I sold as a kid. Here's a short list of my primary choices: Super Mario Sunshine Paper Mario TTYD Mario Kart DD Pikmin 2 Rogue Squadron 2 or 3 F zero gx Which one should I go for first? I'm having a hard time deciding. I'm low on cash right...
  17. ojmanyeah

Does this idea sound realisic for a beginner?

So hi! I guess I'll say that because this is my first post, but I'm not for good introductions so I'll get to what I want to post about. So I've never done any electrical work, I have mostly just stuck with software but after seeing some of these sweet mods and portables I want to get in on this...
Back