Driver help needed

ojmanyeah

I hate to do this but this is the only place where I feel just about everyone has the knowledge to help. So for my laptop I have a Mobility Radeon HD 4570 card. I did some random thing to update the card(I forget how exactly it happened) and now I'm stuck with this crap 4500/5100 generic driver. Everything works fine except that in almost every 3d game there is terrible texture tearing and polygons rip all across the screen. Now I found the old driver i was using(I can't roll back the driver because smart little me uninstalled the driver and it was lost forever) but windows won't let me install it because it thinks it is up to date. How can I solve this problem? I have had a ridiculously hard time trying to fix this and I'm only getting angrier...

Wait, this is a driver issue? I just assumed I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed flax up that time I took a heat gun to my laptop.

I'll have something for you in a bit.

Go to device manager, right click on your display adapter, properties, uninstall driver.

Proceed with reinstalling through the silly CCC Update thing as usual. Fixed flax for me.

Well I got it fixed but I had to download the drivers from the dell website, they were the only ones that run open gl with out glitches. Thanks for the help anyway

Back