Recent content by Trollman

1. Trollman

I'm having PCB problems

My gamecube portable is falling apart fast. I'm fixed most of the problems, but one remains. In the picture below, you can see the PCB. The highlighted areas are the charging jack contacts. No matter if the charger is plugged in or not, the contacts generate 12.5V, the same as the rest of the...
  2. Trollman

Where can I get tact switches?

I'm currently doing Hailrazer's Gamecube trigger mod, and have figured out I need some 5mm momentary-on tact switches. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any. Does anyone know where to get 5mm momentary-on tact switches? Somewhere on the internet would be preferable.
  3. Trollman

Gamecube trigger switches

Alright, thanks!
  4. Trollman

I found 625 OFF-MOM (opened when pressed) switches on Digikey, which is what confused me.
  5. Trollman

Do you mean that they are opened when pressed or open when released?
  6. Trollman

In the following guide about replacing the Gamecube controller triggers (http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=33768), Hailrazer mentions using a tact switch. I am curious as to whether this is an ON-MOM switch or a OFF-MOM switch.
  7. Trollman

Modretro's new look!

I know this is about a month too late, but I thought I should ask. What does everyone think of ModRetro's new colours and logo? I personally like the new logo, but I find the colours too dark.
  8. Trollman

I'm having fan problems! No, I'm not a celebrity.

Yes, they run fine on regular AC power, but not on DC. Should I be connecting them to the contacts on the motherboard or the PCB. I doubt it will make a difference but I want to be sure.
  9. Trollman

I'm having fan problems! No, I'm not a celebrity.

I just wired my gamecube to a 11.1v battery pack, and everything is going well so far. Unfortunately, the fan that came with the gamecube is not working. I have 2, so I know nothing's wrong with them. Does anyone have a solution to this problem, or know of any fans that will accept this voltage?
  10. Trollman

3 way switch

I've been looking for a 3 way switch for my Gamecube Portable, but have had no luck in finding a good one (most of them have long shafts that would be inconvenient). Does anyone know where to get one similar to the one on the NCube?
  11. Trollman

Three way power jack

For my Gamecube portable, I have bought a 3-way power jack, and I'm confused on how to hook it up. I would like to know how to wire it to the Gamecube in a way that it will know how to power the console from AC power when it is turned on, and to charge the batteries when it is off.
  12. Trollman

PSone Screen Problem!

I hooked up my PSone screen to my Gamecube, and it worked great if I didn't have a disk inserted and was just playing with the console settings. However, if I put a game in it the screen will dim and shut off after 30 seconds. I still have sound and control, but no video. I know the composite...
  13. Trollman

Gamecube Memory Slot

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about relocating the Gamecube memory card slots.
  14. Trollman

Gamecube Revision A Problems

Thanks for the help! :D
  15. Trollman

Wiikey Gamecube mod

About a year ago, someone figured out how to use an SD drive instead of a disk drive. Look up WiiKey.
Back