Wiikey Gamecube mod

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
Little side project I've been working on besides the portables. Video and pics! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ca5mBQs7mw

DSCN0712.jpg

DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

Cube color scheme is legit. I figured someone would do this eventually, I like it. Also, it reminds me of those knock of NES clones in like, knockoff PSOne cases, with the cartridge like that.

SS

This just looks awesome!

I've been trying to keep up with this but haven't been, I'm going to try to sum up what's been happening on the gamecube scene? Correct me please.

Thanks to ashen we know that you can use a wii dvd drive on a gamecube.

Using this fact we can use wii dvd mod chips on a gamecube.

Using a wiikey fusion, a modchip that can boot games from an sd card, it works with a gamecube.

We put this all together and we get a gamecube without a dvd drive that boots games from a SD card?

This is what I see in the video, unless I'm missing something. :awesome:

That's about it, yep. Cept, Ashen had some help from other players in the GC scene, and wii modchips and the like can be finnicky, but the Wii DD runs perfectly fine(I think.)

Right you are, Wii DD's work on ALL GC's. The Wiikey has some issues with early versions of NTSC cubes running a v1.0 IPL (Bios). Its unknown if the WODE has the same incompatibility yet. All PAL cubes seem to work 100% and any NTSC IPL v1.1 or higher wroks 100% :D

This wiikey thingy only works on DOL-101 GC's? My cousins just gave me a free DOL-101. I want this. What do I do to make this work?

This is sorta a noob reply but i thought you had to have the diskdrive on a gc at all times i mean this is the very first i have ever seen without one

Hackerbilly said:
This is sorta a noob reply but i thought you had to have the diskdrive on a gc at all times i mean this is the very first i have ever seen without one

About a year ago, someone figured out how to use an SD drive instead of a disk drive. Look up WiiKey.

Trollman said:
Hackerbilly said:

About a year ago, someone figured out how to use an SD drive instead of a disk drive. Look up WiiKey.

How about YOU look at the first post, Mr. Trolly.

Basement_Modder said:
The hot-glue around the slot is a tad ghetto

I know, I know... I need to fix that... Honestly though I will probably end up selling this one to get a WODE for my home console. Meh... we'll see.

Back