Gamecube Revision A Problems

Trollman

I was wondering how to hook up a Psone Screen to a Revision A Gamecube. Yes, I have read kasar's guide, but I don't know how to power the screen. Any suggestions? Also, I'm pretty sure I know how to hook up a battery, but I want to confirm I'm doing the right thing before I go and fry the whole cube.

wire the screen im parallel to the gamecube using the same battery/power cord as your using to power you dolphin. pretty sure the ps1 screen is 12v

ACK. Do not give advice unless you're sure. The PSOne LCD will fry with 12v. It can take a max of 9v. Min of 7.4 (I think 7.2 works but I've never tried it).

The simplest way to power the screen, when you're using 12v, is to use a 7808. It's not very power efficient, and bleeds off heat. But it's simple and you can get them easy.

If you have any experiance with switching regulators, like what's used on the n64 to get 3.3v, those are really nice to use to get 7.4v out of an 11.1v battery or a 14.7v one.

Kyosho said:
ACK. Do not give advice unless you're sure. The PSOne LCD will fry with 12v. It can take a max of 9v. Min of 7.4 (I think 7.2 works but I've never tried it).

The simplest way to power the screen, when you're using 12v, is to use a 7808. It's not very power efficient, and bleeds off heat. But it's simple and you can get them easy.

Thanks for the help! :D

Back