Where should I go to school?

ToastBucket

tost
Applications are due on the 30th. I've filled out quite a few with the exception of adding my second SAT scores which will be released....tomorrow. I'm really looking at west coast because everywhere else is lame. I have a 3.52 weighted GPA and got a 1760 on my first SAT (although I feel MUCH better about the second one) so I'm shooting fairly high, but not too high. I'm applying to all of these as an EE major with an alternate major in Physics. Here's what schools I've filled out applications for so far:
Out of State
Oregon State University (Only an hour or two from where Ish lives ::3:)

State Schools
CSU Chico (Kinda a backup)
San Diego State
CSU Long Beach
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
San Francisco State (Backup)
Sonoma State (Backup)

University of California
(These are fairly hard to get into. They vary in difficulty but I'm pretty much right on the edge for admission for the lower end UC's, and so it's pretty much based on luck for me. Might not even get around to finishing the application for these because of the personal statement.)

UC Santa Cruz
UC Irvine

Wayne State University - where I go

Sorry, but I can't really be of much help to you, since I live so far from there and never looked at any of those schools.

ShockSlayer said:
Total number of portables: 0
Total number of cool flaxs: over 9000. Original Joust and Volly machines, an arcade cab we made ourselves, and plenty of bizarro console mods. Also, RCP my beard I sent you. We are making a portable with it.

EDIT: I said "beard" instead of "board," but I am leaving it.

I know less about the west coast, but friends from there swear by USC. What are looking to study while at school? That info might help with recommendations.

βeta said:
ShockSlayer said:
Total number of portables: 0
Total number of cool flaxs: over 9000. Original Joust and Volly machines, an arcade cab we made ourselves, and plenty of bizarro console mods. Also, RCP my beard I sent you. We are making a portable with it.

EDIT: I said "beard" instead of "board," but I am leaving it.
I'm aware of all your afternoon projects and video mods. :trollface: The arcade cab is cool.

RCP...tomorrow. Have you even started the portable?

SS

Chico State! Then you'll live by me! But seriously, Chico's a nice place and I've heard the school's got a nice engineering program. Also, apply to Stanford.

Sonyportableizer said:
CNU, I got in early decision already. AWWW yea. I had a 3.52 and 1620 Sat's
Or Try TCNJ
My friend got into CNU on an early decision back in the day... and then he stopped going to high school and they took back their acceptance.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*loads of people from my school go to Chico every year. It has a very large party reputation. USC is a very hard school to get into. My sister didn't get in with a 3.9. My brother got waitlisted with a 4.3. My two top choices at the moment are looking like Cal Poly and Oregon State. Both have excellent EE programs.

Just so you know, EE courses aren't near as fun as they sound, that is unless you just love circuit analysis...and also programming.

Also, circuit analysis isn't really HARD, it's just Dang tedious.

Hermaphroditus said:
Just so you know, EE courses aren't near as fun as they sound, that is unless you just love circuit analysis...and also programming.

Also, circuit analysis isn't really HARD, it's just Dang tedious.
SO *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing tedious. And lots of formula memorization.

MSState. The south is where it's at, Segaes.

Seriously, they seem to have a good EE program, my friends in it seemed to enjoy it... Except circuit analysis. Plus, that puts you close to Bud, and kinda closer to me.

Back